Copying Morse Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwman_TR

I am a retired professional cw operator and would like to be a resource

I worked at KPH for 21 years, 15 years on the key and 6 years as a tech at the transmitter plant in Bolinas. I have quite a few friends, What I can't tell you, they can.

My friends tell me:

"We hear Korean coast stations quite a lot in the 12Mc and 8Mc bands,
stations like HLW, HLO, HLG, etc. We've also heard the types of signals
you report but thought they were Japanese fishing fleets. It's known that
the Japanese fishing companies maintain their own private CW coast
stations. I'm not sure if these were the ships you heard."

73, de TR

AA1LL

I have copied that Spanish weather in Morse on 3488 also and always wondered what it was, now thanks to K9RZZ I know. I had the same trouble copying the Spanish, anticipating an English word. What is the callsign and how often do they send it? Also thanks to TR for offering his services. Question: does this Spanish Morse WX indicate that some countries' ships are still using Morse to handle traffic?

73 DE AA1LL

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

To the OP of this thread: how do you know the four digit cut numbers CW groups you were hearing years ago were Taiwanese marine stations? The Chicoms used to use four digit CW cut numbers a few years back. How were you ID'ng what you were hearing as Taiwanese?

midnightcowboy

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Toby's Crypto Page

If you got nothing to do. You want something challenging. This website will wreck your brains no matter how ingenious you are. C'mon guys, try this. If you want to make a difference.

k8krh

What frequency do you find the Japanese cw station, would like to listen
Tnx
DOCTOR/795

DickH

... It's known that the Japanese fishing companies maintain their own private CW coast stations. I'm not sure if these were the ships you heard."
73, de TR

If you are referring to my original post, it was definitely not Japanese, for two reasons:
1 - They did not use special characters.
2 - Kaoshung was mentioned numerous times. I believe Kaoshung is a large port on Taiwan.

n3qv

CW is, IMHO, not so much a skill as an ability. I think that CW isn't so much an art as a language. I'm not now or have I ever been good at coping CW but I did make 13 wpm for my Advanced Class license. It took me forever, well over a year of nightly, on the air practice. It seemed like my speed stayed at around 7 wpm forever and then jumped to well over 13 in just a few weeks. BTW, this was back in the dark ages when the actual FCC gave the ham tests.

Jack
N8BSR

If it didn't come easy, it's certainly both a skill and then an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.