SDS100/SDS200: Corrupt Data

bluesmokey

Greetings All,

Almost each and every time I try to update the frequencies on my SDS 100 and 200, I receive the Corrupt Data message and I have to clear the user data before downloading my list. I can't believe the SD cards are both bad. They are just a few months old. Is this a common occurrence? Should I replace the SD card and if I do, there is nothing special about these cards that I would have to purchase them from Uniden correct?

Thank you in advance,

George

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
In the many years I've had Uniden database scanners (436s and then 100s and 200s), I have never gotten a corrupt data message. And, that you have the issue happening with both radios makes it even more suspect.

Of course, there is a chance that the cards are corrupt, but there is a much higher chance something else is going on.

What is your operating system and computer?
Are you using a USB hub or direct to the computer?
How are you downloading the data - who is your ISP?
Are you loading the data via a card reader or using the radios themselves?
Did you format the cards correctly? SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows/Mac | SD Association

Ubbe

Almost each and every time I try to update the frequencies on my SDS 100 and 200, I receive the Corrupt Data message
And your scanners where working perfectly fine until you connected them to your computer?
Try powering them down first using their own on/off function, connect the USB cable and then power on the scanner.

/Ubbe

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Greetings All,

Almost each and every time I try to update the frequencies on my SDS 100 and 200, I receive the Corrupt Data message and I have to clear the user data before downloading my list. I can't believe the SD cards are both bad. They are just a few months old. Is this a common occurrence? Should I replace the SD card and if I do, there is nothing special about these cards that I would have to purchase them from Uniden correct?

Thank you in advance,

George
When you get the 'corrupt data' message, and you use the 'clear user data' accessed through Sentinel, are you formatting your card(s) first?

If you have not formatted them, or at least not lately, use the SD Card formatter program, accessible through their website:
Use the Overwrite format option. It'll take a few minutes (longer than the 'quick format), but that will make sure that your card is ready to go.
1726152729033.png
Once you finish the 'overwrite format, then use the "Clear User Data" in Sentinel to get the cards ready to be programmed and used.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Another question: Are you updating in the scanner or removing the card and using a card reader. It's possible there is a connection issue in the scanner or cable.