CS-R30 Will Not Clone To Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
I'm trying to update the freqs. programmed in my R30 and finding that the CS-R30 software will not recognize and connect to the receiver. I keep getting the message that the serial port isn't recognized. I am trying the serial port search function within the programming software, but it isn't finding any serial ports. Very odd - it has worked flawlessly before. All of the firmware and software updates are the latest.

I've also tried going into the receiver menus and selecting USB, clone. The receiver says it is ready to clone, but the programming software and receive are not connecting.

What do I need to do to get the programming software to recognize my receiver and write to it? Anyone else had this problem?

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
I think the problem is solved. The usb driver was not appearing in windows device manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver from the Icom website, then the driver appeared in windows device manager and the programming software was able to write to the receiver again.

I’ve heard that the most recent windows updates have been deleting files from peoples’ computers. I don’t know if that had anything to do with this problem, but it’s possible. Some people have lost everything on their hard drives.

Air490

I was about to say the same thing. Check Device Manager and see if there were any problems with the USB driver.
Every Windows update seems to have some impact on drivers, and it is usually negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.