CSP 4C and Denver ?

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I'm setting up new location rectangles for my HP2 and have a couple questions re CSP. What counties does 4C East and 4C West cover? Is Lake County in the Troop 4C area? (I find discrepancies.) And, I see a RRDB TG 2409 for "Denver Metro Dispatch",,, is that TG used and, if so, what troops use it?

TIA,

Randy

Steve2003

4CE isn’t used much anymore. It was used by summit county a year or two ago. I still keep it in my radios just in case. At the time 4CE was mainly summit county & 8100 was eagle co and counties to the west.

All of 4c seems to be on 8100 these days. Don’t forget about patching either, 4c & 5c are frequently patched.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
4CE "mainly Summit",,,, Looking for something more precise. A couple more questions: Are 4CE and 4CW always patched? What office covers Lake County? What office covers Pitkin County?

Anyone know if TG 2409 is used? RRDB calls it "Denver Metro Dispatch"?

Thanks for the info so far.

-Randy

Steve2003

It depends on the day dispatch center. If you have a scanner that follows p25 patches you will be good to listen to 4c (tgid 8100) for summit & eagle county. CSP was splitting troop 4c into east/west with each side having a different dispatch center covering the troop.

Pueblo was covering the summit/lake county portion of 4c on the 4ce channel, and alamosa was taking the rest of 4c on the normal 8100 4c channel. 4CE was used last summer for a day or two for a dignitary visit too. The have not been splitting 4C recently, pointing out they could certainly do this again though.

Dispatch centers are short staffed so I personally keep 4c-e in my scanner, occasionally someone keys up on it by mistake. It isn’t obsolete, just rarely used at the moment.

note: CSP 5C & 4C frequently get patched together as well.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
It depends on the day dispatch center. If you have a scanner that follows p25 patches you will be good to listen to 4c (tgid 8100) for summit & eagle county. CSP was splitting troop 4c into east/west with each side having a different dispatch center covering the troop.

Pueblo was covering the summit/lake county portion of 4c on the 4ce channel, and alamosa was taking the rest of 4c on the normal 8100 4c channel. 4CE was used last summer for a day or two for a dignitary visit too. The have not been splitting 4C recently, pointing out they could certainly do this again though.

Dispatch centers are short staffed so I personally keep 4c-e in my scanner, occasionally someone keys up on it by mistake. It isn’t obsolete, just rarely used at the moment.

note: CSP 5C & 4C frequently get patched together as well.
Got it. Thanks.

Now,,, whattabout the Denver Metro Dispatch talkgroup? Is that a thing?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Now,,, whattabout the Denver Metro Dispatch talkgroup? Is that a thing?
That talkgroup has existed in the system since the early days of the system, but its current purpose has been unclear for a very long time. Maybe it was once used in the ancient times, but now it is probably buried deep inside one of the zones that no one ever bothered to look at. The only folks that seem to have it easily accessible is CDOT Safety Patrol, and every single transmission was accidental and intended for their regular Traffic talkgroup.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
That talkgroup has existed in the system since the early days of the system, but its current purpose has been unclear for a very long time. Maybe it was once used in the ancient times, but now it is probably buried deep inside one of the zones that no one ever bothered to look at. The only folks that seem to have it easily accessible is CDOT Safety Patrol, and every single transmission was accidental and intended for their regular Traffic talkgroup.
Roger that. Thanks.

Troop

4CE "mainly Summit",,,, Looking for something more precise. A couple more questions: Are 4CE and 4CW always patched? What office covers Lake County? What office covers Pitkin County?

Anyone know if TG 2409 is used? RRDB calls it "Denver Metro Dispatch"?

Thanks for the info so far.

-Randy
Lake County- Summit Office....maybe Vail/Dowd at times
Pitkin- Glenwood Office