Custom search help

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
Hi i have a bc75xlt scanner my scanner can do custom search range 10 banks, im 8n Desplaines il. What some good custom search range i can add to see what come in i have rail road on bank 1 so when turn on it go right to it what all recamend for custom search range to add thanks ray toth

ltginrage

The range you would be able to pick up from the railroad band using the BC75XLT would be 159.50 - 161.5575.

ltginrage

If you scan that range you should pick up all the railroad users you can pick up in your area.

RBMTS

Hello Raymond.
The problem with doing custom search ranges is that you won't "exactly" know what you are listening to.

Just out of curiosity, have you plugged in the O'Hare Airport tower and approach/departure frequencies? Those are usually fun to listen to and they are flying right over you.

Another fun frequency to listen to is Chicago Police Citywide 1 (460.125). You can listen to announcements about the "hot calls".

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
Yes I like thing like clue board game us not knowing who or what did it or hearing rbmts I gave autism I live rail roads I got in the one bnf rail police gave me near me to hear what eles recamend with my disability to hear love stuff like feds got most if them what can in it what eles recanend

RBMTS

As long as you are having fun that's all that matters. You won't hear much on federal. Most federal frequencies are digital and encrypted.

RBMTS

I'm not a rail-guy Raymond so I would not be a good person to recommend what you can program into banks related to rail. However I might suggest you put your favorite rail frequencies into Bank 1. Maybe in Bank 2 you put in various airport frequencies. Bank 3 can maybe be some nearby fire departments frequencies as there is many still on analog VHF (Northlake, Leyden, Niles, Wheeling, etc). Bank 4 could be business frequencies you have found. Don't know if this helps you but try to group the type of user into a bank so that it is easy for you to bring up and listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.