• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone D878UVII Help with programming.

trailjunkee

Thanks for letting me join and hopefully for some help. Completely new to this. Have a D878UVII. Will be using it with 2 organizations that I volunteer with: 1. Local Ski Patrol 2. State Wide Mountain Bike Race League. Both organizations have their own frequency sets I have and am using. Probably will be moving toward getting licensed in the near future to be more knowledgeable and useful to my groups.

Right now I have 3 zones programmed: 1. Ski patrol, 2. Race League, 3. NOAA frequencies. Each with their appropriate frequencies associate with existing channels. And I'm close to successful setup.

The first problem I'm running into is that up/down buttons (round selector below "zone" on display, can't find the name for it) is not changing the zones. When I push either up or down I go directly to zone 3, which is my NOAA zone, with no change upon subsequent presses. I have to go into the menu to change zones. I have no idea what I changed to do this and can't find any reference to that being a programmable button.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

M7ANW

go in to the zone settings and the zone you want to change and unhide the zone you will then be able to select the zone with up and down button it took me ages to work out I was just about to remake my code plug when I found the setting

M7ANW

No Problem it happened to me when i updated the old 878 to 3.01 so thought it might be the same

trailjunkee

So since you have a 878 would you be willing to answer another question. Can't frequencies be programmed from the keypad on the radio? The directions I have say to be in VFO mode (which I understand to be frequency on the display) not channel mode. Be on the primary channel (highlighted on the display). So I've tried that as well as just turning off dual channel mode and just having 1 channel on the display. Then that I should be able to just press numbers on the radio keypad and enter a frequency do go to a frequency not already programmed in the radio. But when I do this it just showes Channel and only 3 digits can be entered. What am I doing wrong here or do all new frequencies need to be entered on the computer and uploaded. These are just analog channels no DMR.

Thanks again.

M7ANW

yes I can help with that I have the P2 long press button set to VFO/MR the setting for the that is menu, settings, radio set ,key func, Key P2 long,VFO/MR is (option 8)
now back on the main press and hold P2 and will change from MR mode to VFO mode
now you can type numbers in then you can save as a new channel by going to menu, settings, chan set, new chan
you can also edit a channel that is all ready saved by going to the channel you want to change then go in to menu, settings, chan set,
all the seating like change type, TX, RX, freq DCS, CTC, colour code ETC should be in that list
hope this helps
the can be done in both A and B channel
and of corse you can choose any of the programable buttons

Last edited: