Daily feed breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Have you reset your router lately? I have the same thing every other day (random times) and kept happening until I redid my router settings.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Have you reset your router lately? I have the same thing every other day (random times) and kept happening until I redid my router settings.
I have tried that multiple times. I Had Verizon come in and he reset everything. It shows up as a code 3 or 10 each time. It reminds me of a old system bounce. We have their newest boxes. Really weird and yet like clock issue.

Reconrider

I have tried that multiple times. I Had Verizon come in and he reset everything. It shows up as a code 3 or 10 each time. It reminds me of a old system bounce. We have their newest boxes. Really weird and yet like clock issue.
have you unplugged the coax/whatever cable from it and plug it in after 60 seconds? THat's what (for the most part) fixed my issue

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
have you unplugged the coax/whatever cable from it and plug it in after 60 seconds? THat's what (for the most part) fixed my issue
Yes many times. I switched from a Windows 10 pc to a old Windows XP. I was using a dedicated Ethernet cable on the Windows 10 machine for 5 years. I switched to the XP machine which has both ethernet and house WI-FI. The same results.
I tried to post the error code screen shots without any success because it says they are too large.

Reconrider

Yes many times. I switched from a Windows 10 pc to a old Windows XP. I was using a dedicated Ethernet cable on the Windows 10 machine for 5 years. I switched to the XP machine which has both ethernet and house WI-FI. The same results.
I tried to post the error code screen shots without any success because it says they are too large.
Take the picture and upload it to imgur.com that should be able to handle the size.

It sounds like a firewall issue kind of.
Sidenote: windows 10 is ****ing terrible and should die with every other windows version - but for now, we need it for our radios/scanners

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Take the picture and upload it to imgur.com that should be able to handle the size.

It sounds like a firewall issue kind of.
Sidenote: windows 10 is ****ing terrible and should die with every other windows version - but for now, we need it for our radios/scanners
I thought it was that to but Verizon says it is not in the house.
I will see if I can upload to imgur. It will be under my callsign assuming that is OK with igmur. It is done under my callsign.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Reconrider

I thought it was that to but Verizon says it is not in the house.
I will see if I can upload to imgur. It will be under my callsign assuming that is OK with igmur. It is done under my callsign.
Thanks for your help!
imgur won't care what you upload as long as it's legal.

If the issue isn't in the house, then it's from the pole to your house, or the pole to them. Either way they can trace it and see where the issue is if it's anything like my ISP

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Very likely there is little that they can do to fix it, short of adding another fiber optics cable to your neighborhood's distribution. When thousands of people are working from home, there are peaks when even FIOS fiber optics cannot handle the load.

My Comcast seems to drop signal to the modem at random times and random days. When it happens and the modem resets, my router only picks up 4 of the WIFI users that are online, and the other 10-14 don't reconnect. The only way I know it has happened is when someone in the house yells that the internet is down. I have to reset the router to get everyone back online. This happens once every two to four days, and sometimes three or more times in a single day. (I'm one of the lucky ones that it always resets!)

Status
Not open for further replies.