Danville

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7YUF

Premium Subscriber
Hate to say this but 53.450 (WX9HC) repeater is dead however the 145.130 and 444.575 ones are alive at the moment. I can get into the two which are active from Brownsburg without much if any trouble at all so that should help there.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The 147.015 repeater is in Belleville, not Danville.

The 147.165 and 442.900 repeaters are in Danville and both work just fine.

W9NES

There are coverage issues with the 147.165 and 442.900. I cannot access them from NW Marion County from 79Th and Michigan Road on full power.Low power will not work with a outside antenna on the house for 2 meters and 440.

aaron315

I can easily access the 147.165 and 442.900 from Greenwood with 5 ways in a mobile. I've used them as far east as Shadeland and I70.

Tim I don't believe it is fair of you to say there are coverage issues with repeaters just because you have not enjoyed success with operating them. Try keying up for a couple seconds then give your call. Perhaps once you wake them up you'll find you can access them.

I can confirm the 53.45 is off the air. There are plans, time permitting, to bring it back this summer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

aaron315

5 watts.. Type o above. Sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

W9NES

arron315, It is not a good idea to KEY or kerchunk a repeater, This ties up the repeater and causes problems and does not comply with "good amateur radio practice". Those repeaters do have serious coverage issues and cannot be brought up from 79Th and Michigan Road with a outdoor anrenna on top of my house that is 40 feet above my roof of my home.This is the 147.165 and the 442.900 repeaters.I have tried to bring them with my call sign and they do not come up.

aaron315

arron315, It is not a good idea to KEY or kerchunk a repeater, This ties up the repeater and causes problems and does not comply with "good amateur radio practice". Those repeaters do have serious coverage issues and cannot be brought up from 79Th and Michigan Road with a outdoor anrenna on top of my house that is 40 feet above my roof of my home.This is the 147.165 and the 442.900 repeaters.I have tried to bring them with my call sign and they do not come up.

Tim, if you want to be a pretentious horse's rear I suggest you select someone else to go head to head with. You need not ever preach to me on good amateur practice. Furthermore it might be best to have some working knowledge of repeaters and related technology that goes into putting them and keeping them on the air before you try to speak as to what causes problems. :roll:

Go read again Tim. No one said kerchunk anything. I said key up for a couple of seconds and then give your call.

If you knew anything about what you were talking about then you would know the repeater controllers on both of the Hendricks County RACES repeaters are configured to go into a sleep mode after periods of inactivity. To wake the repeater requires a couple of seconds of an active signal on the receiver. So tell me Tim, how is accessing the repeater via the prescribed method as configured by the persons who manage the repeater anything other than 'good amateur practice'?

The number one cause of problems for repeater systems is people who talk about them without knowing what they are talking about. Now there's the line over there boy. Get back in it before you cause yourself to look even more silly. I'll forgive you this time.

Additional: I was at 96th and Michigan just a bit ago and had no problem accessing the 147.165 and 442.900 repeaters from there, 25 Watts mobile.

W9NES

Today Mon 3-3-14 at 1:30PM from my home at 79Th and Michigan Road cannot bring up the 147.165 or the 442.900 Repeater. I tried both the low power settings at 5 and 25 Watts on the home radio with a outdoor antenna at 40 Feet above roof level and cannot bring up the repeaters. Other repeaters are working fine. I did a test just to back this up. Same thing with my mobile unit from the driveway with a Gain 2/440Mobile antenna on the back of my car. Again same result on 5 and 25 watts.. I keyed the repeaters and gave my call sign." The repeaters did not come up". Funny that I can bring up the 147.015 with a tone of 123.0 Hz on 5 watts from my home station with the same antenna at 40 feet. Also can get the 145.130 and the 444.575 on 5 watts as posted by KD7YUF.

Last edited:

aaron315

And here we have proof positive yet again that one cannot fill a cup that is already full....

Peace... I've got things to do that don't involve you.

demotivation.us_THE-FIRST-STEP-TO-FORGIVENESS-Is-realizing-that-the-other-person-...-is-batshi-crazy_136068352490.jpg

K9ERV

Premium Subscriber
I was able to access both repeaters as well from a 5 watt HT inside my house at Heritage Lake using a stubby antenna. Just had to give it a second to wake up, but the repeater came back with it's station identifier loud and clear.

IndyRick

I've not tried either of those repeaters before, thought I'd give 'em a try tonight. From 108th and College, hit both of them fine with 25 watts and a ground plane 15' up on a mast.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Speaking as a co-trustee of the KO9F analog repeaters, thanks for the reports. This evening, I was able to access both repeaters from 16th Street and Lafayette Road and from 79th Street and Michigan Road using 10 watts into a mobile antenna.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the discussion of the 145.17 repeater in Noblesville contained in this thread starting at about post #20.

Status
Not open for further replies.