Data Removal Policy Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

af5rn

Arrest? Sure. The federal government loves to make arrests with no legal grounds. Look at Waco. But prosecution is quite another matter. Show me the law they would prosecute him under.

Big props for the policy reversal, Bro! Although, I wouldn't be averse to the info going into the "premium members only" file. You could put that money aside for your legal fund. :lol:

Last edited:

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Well sense 9-11 they can say I'm a tarriest and hold me for 7 day with out any official charges...and then let me go...lol

mikepdx

kc0vgj said:
My wife freaked when she read me the letter for me remove the information on my site. that they will press charges on me if i don't do what they say.

And Sir, the specific charge(s), as outlined in the letter were ________________. (fill in the blank)

If the proposed charge(s) weren't mentioned, what did "they" say when you asked them?
Of course...you did ask...didn't you?

Threat letters are very effective.
Your wife freaked and you probably did too.
Mission accomplished.

Save being "freaked" for a legal court order signed by a Judge.
-----------------------------------------------------

By the way:
[size=+2]KUDOS to Lindsay[/size]

[size=-1]A timely refresher for all:
US Bill of Rights - Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[/size]

Last edited:

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't have the letter is been a few now. But when your wife tell you to do something and a letter from the military base next to you in Mass. tells you to do some thing i do it to save me from more trouble.

jparks29

John McClane
kc0vgj said:
Well sense 9-11 they can say I'm a tarriest and hold me for 7 day with out any official charges...and then let me go...lol

wow, your spelling is horrible.

BTW, that's how you MAKE terrorists (the 'domestic' kind), not how you remove them.

RolnCode3

What a trainwreck some people make these threads.

How soon will some of the DB entries be updated (for example, Lawrence Livermore)?

Interesting turn of events. Would be curious to know the backstory as well. Either way, thanks for the work on the site.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Speaking of Lindsay (Buckingham) locking down data was "Kind Of A Drag". Now it's Dave Clark; "Glad All Over".

Now stop asking questions and making suppositions when it's apparent that Lindsay is wisely keeping his mouth shut like the proverbial gift horse. Give the guy a break, huh?

TNX LB AR SK /EX

jerk

hoser147 said:
Thats GREAT and the way it should be....................Hoser

Just curious this thread was hashed out and the Database was cleaned and the thread Locked???http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97411&page=2
Not even the same thing... the thread you refer to is a local MARCS thread and is different and the thread explains why. (And I though the issue was settled in that thread)

This thread refers overall to military and government data that was removed because of a letter requesting RR do so. There were several places, like TN and Alaska that had military groups removed by "official" letter from a military or government agency.

hoser147

newsalan said:
Not even the same thing... the thread you refer to is a local MARCS thread and is different and the thread explains why. (And I though the issue was settled in that thread)

This thread refers overall to military and government data that was removed because of a letter requesting RR do so. There were several places, like TN and Alaska that had military groups removed by "official" letter from a military or government agency.

That would be your interpretation, thats why I was asking, Im well aware of the Military Letters but Lindsay's Post is not specific on that.............Where did you read it is Military specific???

jerk

hoser147 said:
That would be your interpretation, thats why I was asking, Im well aware of the Military Letters but Lindsay's Post is not specific on that.............Where did you read it is Military specific???
Every one I read was related to Military, and some letters were even posted as PDF's. And still may be viewable unless they have been updated.
That's why I said that, and the Ohio thread was specific for Ohio and the reason is written in the forum thread. And it is left up to the administrators of the forum for Ohio. I think they are correct. In Indiana they take the opposite approach to certain TG's And I disagree with that.

As I see it you are trying to start a fire where the policy for Ohio is working fine for that forum. And if you disagree I can't do anything about it pro or con, so i suggest taking it up with the Ohio forum powers that be.

hoser147

Not starting no fire, from previous post you are good at that as here. My opinion on it was stated in the thread. Just trying to Clarify the info, which Lindsay is going to do. Hoser

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
I updated all the trunked systems.

Thanks again.

I think it is very entertaining to see some of these entries come on line with < 100 hits. How long has it been since a system has had so few accesses? :)

I just got back looking at Hill AFB system, and it had ~76 hits....

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
newsalan said:
As I see it you are trying to start a fire where the policy for Ohio is working fine for that forum. And if you disagree I can't do anything about it pro or con, so i suggest taking it up with the Ohio forum powers that be.
First, the Ohio DB Admins made a decision that is not in line with the policy of the site. The fact that Lindsay has not changed that indicates one of two things: (1) he is/was unaware of it, (2) he knows and does not care to change that decision. The Ohio forum (and those members) have nothing to do with it, this site is not a democracy. I do know from personal experience (when I was in South Dakota) that all the threats to encrypt if TG information was published was just that, threats with nothing behind it.

Second, I think Hoser asked a reasonable question and either he will get an answer from someone who is competent to comment (which you are not) or he won't; in either case you are out of line (again) so drop the subject.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
CVPI4Ever said:
I dont understand this. Can someone bring me up to speed?

The site use to remove some federal trunked systems from the DB if requested to do so by the proper people. All that was needed was a letter. As per the above posts, this policy has changed.

hoser147

CVPI4Ever said:
I dont understand this. Can someone bring me up to speed?

Just the skinny, Lindsay and other site owners/ RR members have gotten letter's from Government officials threating them with different types of actions if they didn't remove certain things from the database and or other sites with the information. As a cautious and careful move they decided it was best to comply and seek opinions on what the legalities were and where they stood. Lindsay must have come to the conclusion that he is not bending to the Intimidation. This is my interpretation, but I think I should have got ya in the ball park, hope this helps..........Hoser

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
scannerfreak said:
The site use to remove some federal trunked systems from the DB if requested to do so by the proper people. All that was needed was a letter. As per the above posts, this policy has changed.

And folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but there were about a dozen or so sites effected. It was quite a while since any site's data was taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.