Data Removal Policy Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet-

kc0vgj said:
like i said just asking, My wife freaked when she read me the letter for me remove the information on my site. that they will press charges on me if i don't do what they say.

Just wondering what country are you in. Last I heard we had freedoms in the USA

Chet

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The USA is not as free as it used to be!

chet- said:
Just wondering what country are you in. Last I heard we had freedoms in the USA
I think you need to get your hearing checked. Over the years, our government has slowly been removing our rights. The best place to witness this is by listening to your scanner. I don't want to hijack this thread, as this would be an extensive topic on its own. But just for one consider gun laws. We have a Constitution which is constantly being weakened every year.

Back on topic; I wrote earlier than I felt perhaps this previously locked data should be made only available to paid members. My thinking is that it is one way to keep people from doing searches outside of RR and finding this data; which would theoretically reduce the potential for complaints about having it posted. I understand that there are supporters here, etc, who might be upset by this idea. This idea is not meant as a means to limit sharing the information with true users of the site; just a way to limit outsiders' access.

OTOH, I also realize that this type of action also "labels" this data as somehow being different than everything else published here. And without a full understanding of why it was removed and why it is now being made available; my idea may only emphasize this data, rather then let it fly under the RADAR.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
First, I think it's obvious Lindsay doesn't care who sees the data or he wouldn't have removed the policy. Second, it wouldn't matter anyhow, anyone can pay the very small amount to access it anyway, but as stated above, this site will never, ever, charge for access to the DB.

I'm not sure there is much more to discuss here, but let's stay on topic anyhow :)

gmclam said:
I think you need to get your hearing checked. Over the years, our government has slowly been removing our rights. The best place to witness this is by listening to your scanner. I don't want to hijack this thread, as this would be an extensive topic on its own. But just for one consider gun laws. We have a Constitution which is constantly being weakened every year.

Back on topic; I wrote earlier than I felt perhaps this previously locked data should be made only available to paid members. My thinking is that it is one way to keep people from doing searches outside of RR and finding this data; which would theoretically reduce the potential for complaints about having it posted. I understand that there are supporters here, etc, who might be upset by this idea. This idea is not meant as a means to limit sharing the information with true users of the site; just a way to limit outsiders' access.

OTOH, I also realize that this type of action also "labels" this data as somehow being different than everything else published here. And without a full understanding of why it was removed and why it is now being made available; my idea may only emphasize this data, rather then let it fly under the RADAR.

Last edited:

W8RW

gmclam said:
This is great news. Why not take it a step further and make the currently "locked" data only available to PAID members? That would keep casual browsing eyes from even seeing it and being able to complain (without joining).

That's my $0.02.

That seems rather arbitrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.