Database Download Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3BQX

Premium Subscriber
Do I have to have my scanner program running while I download a Radio Reference data? I ask this because, I can only access the internet from my Mac. I usually download frequency files on my Mac and transfer them to a PC that does not have internet access but has my scanner programing software. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what I have for now.

Please just let me know if I can download the files on my Mac and them transfer them to my PC.

Thanks
N3BQX

qlajlu

Silent Key
Do I have to have my scanner program running while I download a Radio Reference data? I ask this because, I can only access the internet from my Mac. I usually download frequency files on my Mac and transfer them to a PC that does not have internet access but has my scanner programing software. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what I have for now.

Please just let me know if I can download the files on my Mac and them transfer them to my PC.

Thanks
N3BQX

Since you download to your Mac, having the programming software running on your PC would have no affect on anything. How do you transfer the data once downloaded to your PC? Are you using a router to connect the two? If so, why not just let the PC go on the internet and collect the data? Or why not put the programming software on the Mac and let it talk to the scanner?

You have all kinds of options.

After reading your question again, I'm not sure if you are asking if you can do it this way because your original statement was this was the normal way you have done it.

Actually, I'm more confused now that at the beginning. :(

N3BQX

Premium Subscriber
I transfer the file to a PC using a flash drive. the scanner software is not supported on a Mac.

N3BQX

qlajlu

Silent Key
I transfer the file to a PC using a flash drive. the scanner software is not supported on a Mac.

N3BQX

Okay, my next questions are:

1. Have you experienced any trouble transferring that data before?
  2. Which programming software are you using?
  3. Not that it makes a difference, but it would be good to know what scanner you are using.
  4. Any reason you cannot add a router and allow the PC access to the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.