SDS100/SDS200: Database is corrupt. Operation is canceled. Could not find...hpdb.cfg

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to Write to Scanner with some changes to my QKs. I got this. Repeatedly. I cleared the database from my computer and re-downloaded it. It's pointing to the D drive which is the USB my scanner is connected to for read/write. So it looks like it's looking for this file on my scanner? I can't write to my scanner now at all, this interrupts the procedure.

I also tried to 'clear user data' as instructed when I tried to start my scanner again - SD Card File Error. Got the 2nd error message (s.000036.hpd) with that.

Now my scanner won't do anything at all but give me the SD Card File Error. Won't load lists, nothing. Just the error. It's now an expensive black brick.

Any help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_215.png
    Screenshot_215.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_216.png
    Screenshot_216.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
Additional info. I reformatted the SD card in the scanner. When trying to upload to scanner, I now get this error message. Then I tried it again and got the hpdb.cfg error message again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_218.png
    Screenshot_218.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_220.png
    Screenshot_220.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 8

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
Now trying an overwrite format instead of a quick format on the SD card. If this doesn't work...I'm thinking I need a new SD card?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any help?

In Sentinel, from the top tool bar, click on tools - then options.... that will show you where Sentinel is expecting to find the BCDx36 folder. If the location is not correct, change it to the location where the folder is located.

So it looks like it's looking for this file on my scanner?

As the error message indicates, it's looking for the Sentinel folder in the D drive on your computer. Your scanner doesn't have a D drive.

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
The 'D' drive is my USB port my scanner is plugged into. D is my scanner.

In Sentinel it is looking in my C drive, which is where Sentinel is installed. Screenshot attached.

Do I need to reconstruct Full Database there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_221.png
    Screenshot_221.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 8

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
Ok, yes.

It may be time for a new SD card.
All the way up to 51% on the format of the old card. At this rate I'll be done to try again in a few hours. o_O If that doesn't work, hopefully there are some around my house or Amazon can overnight a new one for me. So frustrating. I probably lost power (probably user error) at some point in the process and messed it all up. If so, the format should work. If not...I start over again with a new card.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Full Overwrite Format of the SD card worked! The file transferred to the scanner fine this time. I'm not sure how to mark this thread as resolved, but RESOLVED.
Glad you got it working.

But I would suggest that you get another memory card, so that you can switch it out if further trouble develops. Cards are cheap & readily available, so it's a low-cost insurance policy.

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working.

But I would suggest that you get another memory card, so that you can switch it out if further trouble develops. Cards are cheap & readily available, so it's a low-cost insurance policy.
Good idea! I'll get/find another one to have on hand. But at least it's not an emergency now. Whew, that was making me nervous.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Does your computer have its own memory card reader, or do you have a memory card reader you can attach to the computer?

Things go a lot faster, with fewer errors and frustrations. Things go very slow when using the scanner as a card reader, though that will get the job done. All you would need to do is put the SD card in the card reader. Then use the SD Formatter tool to do a format. Then use Sentinel to do a "Clear User Data" (be sure to show all drives and select the one associated with the SD card). From there, you can leave the SD card in the card reader and write your Profile (thus favorites lists and database) to the scanner. When finished, do the Eject card from scanner using Windows Explorer and return the card to the scanner.

Respectfully, where you got yourself into trouble was overthinking. You changed Sentinel to look at your scanner for the files on the scanner. It couldn't find them all and caused some errors.

Just leave the file path in Sentinel like you set it up in the beginning. When you connect the scanner to the computer and choose Mass Storage, Sentinel does what it needs to with respect to paths and file locations so "stuff" can be transferred.

(I found this out the hard way by doing something similar long time ago).

DMSSIOWA

Premium Subscriber
Does your computer have its own memory card reader, or do you have a memory card reader you can attach to the computer?

Things go a lot faster, with fewer errors and frustrations. Things go very slow when using the scanner as a card reader, though that will get the job done. All you would need to do is put the SD card in the card reader. Then use the SD Formatter tool to do a format. Then use Sentinel to do a "Clear User Data" (be sure to show all drives and select the one associated with the SD card). From there, you can leave the SD card in the card reader and write your Profile (thus favorites lists and database) to the scanner. When finished, do the Eject card from scanner using Windows Explorer and return the card to the scanner.

Respectfully, where you got yourself into trouble was overthinking. You changed Sentinel to look at your scanner for the files on the scanner. It couldn't find them all and caused some errors.

Just leave the file path in Sentinel like you set it up in the beginning. When you connect the scanner to the computer and choose Mass Storage, Sentinel does what it needs to with respect to paths and file locations so "stuff" can be transferred.

(I found this out the hard way by doing something similar long time ago).
I did this just with the USB from the scanner but for sure in the future I'd use the card reader in my laptop or my PC! I didn't realize it would take so long but I didn't want to stop it in the middle and cause more errors. I helped my son fix our vehicle while I waited, so no time wasted. ;-)

Thanks for the steps. If I have to do it again, I'll do it the smarter way. I just ordered 2 more SD cards to have on standby!

I didn't change where it looked for files. It was giving me the error when I tried to upload from Sentinel to my scanner. It was showing the error on my D drive, where my scanner was plugged in (USB port read my scanner/SD card as a 'drive'). That's how I knew the error was with my memory card, not in Sentinel or my computer. So I never changed anything with the path, it was telling me 'D drive', which was the SD card in my scanner.

Anyway....all is working now. It's scanning EVERYTHING, which is too much, but I'll figure out how to use the QK to turn off some of the lesser needed departments. I think it's more organized now and maybe will scan better with everything in one spot per site. I just have to figure out how to turn off the ones we don't use as often. And yes, I DO overthink everything...but I didn't change anything you guys didn't tell me to. I may not be explaining that well so it seems like I did - but I didn't. I moved each Site to it's own FL with all the depts together, fixed the priority things, assigned QKs for on/off functionality and that's it. I was too nervous to mess it all up to color outside the lines. And it got messed up anyway but that was a hardware issue.

Thanks again! I learned several things through this that will serve me well in the future.