Dayton area information

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

Hey all,

I was wondering somebody in the Dayton / Montgomery County can answer me a couple of questions.

I have been picking up Dayton Approach on a frequency of 126.150MHz but, can't seen to find it listed anywhere. Is that a new frequency they are on ? I hear alot of DHL / Airborne Express jets on it so it may be used out of Wilimgton Airborne Express Airport.

Also can anybody tell me if the Wright Patterson A.F.B. trunked system is still analog or is now digital ?

I'm going to Dayton in a few weeks and are trying to program my scanners. Any information on the above questions will help me out greatly.

Thanks in advance

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I have been picking up Dayton Approach on a frequency of 126.150MHz but, can't seen to find it listed anywhere. Is that a new frequency they are on ? I hear alot of DHL / Airborne Express jets on it so it may be used out of Wilimgton Airborne Express Airport.
It's probably a spare/overflow channel. Chances are that it IS used for Airborne Express airport, since I'm sure that the airport gets alot a air traffic. Also, I looked about everywhere and couldn't find it listed, even on some really up to date frequency lists that we pilots use. :)

tazz

Thanks for the info. I could not figure out what was the deal on the frequency.

The frequency is very well heard here in Southern Ohio. I hear flights talking to Indianapolis Center ARTCC (Portsmouth Sector) on 124.225MHz and 127.100MHz being handed off to that frequency.

The flights talk to whoever on 126.150Mhz before being pushed over to the Wilimgton tower freq.

Thanks again

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
126.500 is an APP/DEP frequency for Dayton.

I have never heard 126.150 used around here. I am just south of Dayton
and some 20 miles west of Wilmington. I'll punch that in and see what I hear.

The only two listings I have for that frequency is:

Dallas/Fort Worth ARTCC San Angelo, TX
Avon Park MOA Operations 1 (MacDill AFB, FL)

Wright-Patterson AFB TRS is still analog.

tazz

Thanks Mark for the info.

I'll add the Wright Patterson trunked system to my list. My trunktrackers are going to be working overtime.

I'm programming the following..........

City of Dayton TRS
Montgonery County TRS
Greene County TRS
Miami County TRS
and now the Wright Patterson system

I'm going to be in town for the airshow so, I should have plenty to listen to.

Thanks again. You have been a big help.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Dayton Approach 126.15

When the arrival traffic for ABEX (Airborne Express) is heavy, Dayton Approach divides the south sector into two frequencies. 126.5 covers 10,000 down to 4500. 126.15 handles 4500 to surface/Wilmington Tower. (119.475)

118.85 also plays a role with south traffic, typically departing Dayton's airspace. Aircraft that depart Dayton toward Cincinnati, in what is called the "Dayton Climb" normally talk to Dayton on 118.85. This is the only area of Dayton's airspace that extends to 14,000 feet, enabling southbound departures to get above Cincinnati. Everything else in Dayton's Radar Service Area is limited to 10,000 and below. Traffic that departs via the Dayton Climb are typically handed off to Indy Center on 123.925, which is a remote site (Merwyn) east of Cincinnati in Clermont County.

tazz

BigJimbo said:
When the arrival traffic for ABEX (Airborne Express) is heavy, Dayton Approach divides the south sector into two frequencies. 126.5 covers 10,000 down to 4500. 126.15 handles 4500 to surface/Wilmington Tower. (119.475)

118.85 also plays a role with south traffic, typically departing Dayton's airspace. Aircraft that depart Dayton toward Cincinnati, in what is called the "Dayton Climb" normally talk to Dayton on 118.85. This is the only area of Dayton's airspace that extends to 14,000 feet, enabling southbound departures to get above Cincinnati. Everything else in Dayton's Radar Service Area is limited to 10,000 and below. Traffic that departs via the Dayton Climb are typically handed off to Indy Center on 123.925, which is a remote site (Merwyn) east of Cincinnati in Clermont County.

Thanks BigJimbo.

Great interesting information. I always wanted to know how ATC in the Dayton area was set up.

monkeyboy

Premium Subscriber
Yes thanks BigJimbo. I recently moved to Dayton from England and had a hard time making sense of alot of the frequencies I've found. Especially for the Dayton Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.