DB submission data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

Is there a DB submitters leaderboard, perse, or anything of the such? I would be interested in seeing overall DB submission data, by the numbers, that is broken down by user, graphic area (state), in real time/per week/per month/overall(lifetime). I enjoy hunting, sleuthing, chasing DX frequencies, sites, systems, etc..on a weekly basis, for the purpose of submitting any new or updated data. Is there a way to see a list of other users who do the same? Seeing how you stack up against other DB submitters (globally, nationwide, statewide) may draw more users to check for and submit updates, keeping the DB more accurate and up-to-date. It may also expose deficiencies, where users could visually see where a lack of DB submissions are coming from geographically, which may entice more users to look around their local area for updates. Knowing who the top contributors are for a geographic area would also be a resource for other users who think they may have found an update or something new, and may want another set of ears/eyes to take a look at what they've found, before they make a submission. DB Admins could also reach out to those top contributors (who they know are reliable and confident in their abilities) if they are unsure about a DB submission.

These are just some thoughts that I was pondering. Thoughts? Opinions? Dumbest ideas ever? Already exists somewhere on the site?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No, there is not, and it's unlikely to be implemented. As with all things based on stats, there will be some who will misuse/abuse it to inflate their ego. I can already imagine the influx of submissions from those who want to be on top of the "leader board". We'd almost certainly wind up with a case of quantity-over-quality. Imagine someone who has 10 talkgroups to submit breaking those out into 10 separate submissions just to get extra credit. No thanks. 🤦‍♂️

west-pac

Imagine someone who has 10 talkgroups to submit breaking those out into 10 separate submissions just to get extra credit.

That's a valid point, and yea, I could see that happening. There are times that I make multiple submissions in one sitting, but that is because I'm scrolling the RF spectrum and if I run across a signal that needs updated in the RRDB I'll submit it, then move on to the next signal, which may or may not be the same system, entity, or agency.

Alright, so scratch the leader board idea. Is there a way to tell who submits data from which geographic areas?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are no publicly available stats as pertains to RRDB submissions, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.