DB Update Notification

caphab1

Hi all.
Apologies in advance if this has been brought up already.

So I'm not sure if it's just me or not but when I see something is changed lit up in green, I wanna know where it was or what it was and what is what changed to. There have been many times the DB will say something changed but you don't know what it was until you look at the reports section. Even after reviewing that youre not able to gather all the necessary info that was updated so you can possibly update your scanner programming or what have you.

Example:
PCWIN in Pima County AZ recent update done by @cellphone.

ChangedAdminDate Changed
Changed Talkgroup Category: Drexel-Heights Fire Department to Drexel-Heights Fire Department(Drexel-Heights Fire Department)cellphone2020-09-11 14:05:21

This lit up PCWIN green, scroll through the TG's, no green showing there. Go over to the updates and it shows the above. You changed the category, Ok, What was it? And further, without needing to back to the TG's page, what is it now? Is there a way in programming 2 things can happen when an update like this is completed at any point in the DB: 1. Highlight the TG that was changed green which was changed and 2. Put in the change table "From WHAT To WHAT?" Specifically in this instance, what Categories..

Thanks!

cellphone

Database Admin
The subcategory description was changed based on a submission. The following fire departments were added that are dispatched by Drexel-Heights Fire (Valley Fire Dispatch):
1. Elephant Head VFD
2. Helmet Peak VFD
3. Tohono O'odham San Xavier District Fire.

No frequencies or talkgroups were changed.

caphab1

Thanks for the reply and info Cellphone. However that was the issue.. I could not decipher what was changed and would not know unless you shared that bit. I was using this instance as an example only, but a principal to consider DB wide.. Maybe I'm confusing what I am meaning and I apologize if so

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Thanks for the reply and info Cellphone. However that was the issue.. I could not decipher what was changed and would not know unless you shared that bit. I was using this instance as an example only, but a principal to consider DB wide.. Maybe I'm confusing what I am meaning and I apologize if so
As I'm sure you're aware, added frequencies and talkgroups will be highlighted in green for the first 24 hours, and yellow for several days more, so would be pretty obvious. However, in the example you gave, the field which was changed is a free-form text field, so noting the exact change would basically be impossible, as the change could have been minor in nature and as simple as a spelling or grammar correction.

If you go to the upper right of the system (or county) page, you can click on the "last updated" link which will take you to a list of the last 30 changes; that list is about as detailed as it can get.