• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

deaf Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9wkj

my hi power vhf Astro has come up slightly deaf
it has the HRD6002G preselector/preamp/mixer board in it
im tossing darts here but seeing as the voltage from the rf board to feed the preamp is good (9.38v) and its recieving on frequency (the mixer and vco must be working)
so im guessing that something has happend to the transistors in the preamp

Q3202 4802000P02 NEC SILICON TR 2SC3357
Mouser has that one on the shelf

Q3200 4880141L01 TSTR PNP SOT23
Q3201 4880141L01 TSTR PNP SOT23
but im not finding the other 2 that part# doesnt resolve to well for me

or maybe
CR3200 &
CR3201
4880154K03 DIODE DUAL SCHOTTKY MIXER

did they put that diode package across the input to protect the circuit?
i wonder if that got popped and is dragging the frontend down?
i found those by the Moto part # but seems spendy

any ideas?
am i hopelessly stupid?

Last edited:

k9wkj

hey!
ohh I have the detailed and basic service manuals
im lacking a signal generator and a rf millivolt meter (well okay im lacking sanity and basic understanding as well)
and I have been hanging around repeater builder for years
its a T04KLH9PW9AN so 110watt W9 146-174 mhz with 1 meg vocon but it doesnt have the digital firmware.

was hoping someone could point me down the right path ie: have seen this before

de k9wkj

cmdrwill

We fix those here. Most of the time it IS due to some other transmitter antenna being too close to the Spectra's antenna.

Mouser 551-NE85634A is what you need. Replaces the Q3202 4802000P02 NEC SILICON TR 2SC3357

k9wkj

cool!
wonder if that 110 watt lowband Maratrac with its antenna antenna on then other end of the van roof did it :mad: and what sort of measures i can take to protect the Astro

so that leaves me left wondering about those diode packages i cant get those to cross
looks to be just a normal series pair
but i have no clue as to parameters :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.