Decode problems CSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I am setting up a radio to monitor CSP, I have it set for C4FM. The radio stops on an active channel, but there is no decode, I can hear the P-25 audio, but it fades in and out. Is it possible I am too far, I live in Dutchess County NY, but at 1100ft elevation, or do I have the modulation type set wrong would CQPSK or Wideband work better?

radioman2001

Ah, thanks I thought this post got lost between the cracks. I have an Astro Spectra, P-25 compliant,and is set to Type II/IIi, I am looking to monitor from the Danbury area north to Hartford from Dutchess County New York. I tried changing the decode mode numerous times from C4FM to CQPSK to Wide Band. RX modulation is set to 2 level, since 4 level is for encryption. Channel bandwidth set to 25kz , NPSPAC bandwidth is 20kz, not set to splinter channels, not set to shuffled band plan. I put in all the primary control frequencies, and I mainly get troop G dispatch, with the radios ID number, but no audio decode.
BTW the radio has had the TX VCO disconnected from the rest of the radio so it's not going to transmit.

ecps92

w/o the System Key [Motorola Property] I am lost as to how your listening or have it programmed, unless you just happen to be catching ONE of the Voice channels.

Ah, thanks I thought this post got lost between the cracks. I have an Astro Spectra, P-25 compliant,and is set to Type II/IIi, I am looking to monitor from the Danbury area north to Hartford from Dutchess County New York. I tried changing the decode mode numerous times from C4FM to CQPSK to Wide Band. RX modulation is set to 2 level, since 4 level is for encryption. Channel bandwidth set to 25kz , NPSPAC bandwidth is 20kz, not set to splinter channels, not set to shuffled band plan. I put in all the primary control frequencies, and I mainly get troop G dispatch, with the radios ID number, but no audio decode.
BTW the radio has had the TX VCO disconnected from the rest of the radio so it's not going to transmit.

radioman2001

I wasn't really expecting this kind of response on RR, it's more like what I would get at Batlabs. If you don't have an answer that fine, say so. BTW system keys are generated on Notepad, so that's not a problem. I have read "do you want to put a radio on a trunked system" I inputted on that very post long ago, and my comments were that if you don't know what you are doing then don't do it, otherwise all bets are off. I do know what I am doing, I have legit software and the like. This appears to be a setting or signal quality issue, and I was hoping for someone with a little more experience with CSP than me. I guess I'll post over at Batlabs and get more abuse over there, but I'll probably get what I am looking for.
Enough with the radio police act.

Last edited:

Placid1

I thought there might be something in that link, or the link in that link that might help you figure out how to do what you wanted, sorry if you thought otherwise.

Hope you find what you need.

radioman2001

Sorry if I seemed perturbed, but the monitoring a trunked system with a Motorola is right up there with encryption as a hot topic, and I really didn't want to rant on you. I was hoping for some one with first hand knowledge of the systems design that might help with my monitoring that's all. Thanks.

ecps92

Guess Not :twisted:

I do know what I am doing.

Maybe time for CTSP to upgrade the SysKey :roll: and Zap some extra radios

I have legit software and the like. This appears to be a setting or signal quality issue, and I was hoping for someone with a little more experience with CSP than me. I guess I'll post over at Batlabs and get more abuse over there, but I'll probably get what I am looking for.
Enough with the radio police act.

radioman2001

Upgrading the syskey won't help, they only thing that would is the requirement of a true P-25 trunking controller with a version 7.x and up, that has control channel encryption, like Harris. Not going to happen for at least a few years, and BTW that will eliminate all trunked monitoring with a scanner too. The radio can't affiliate since it has no transmitter, so it can't be zapped either. Never ceases to amaze me how people can be when they THINK they are right, maybe it's time to hand out some SAP's. As I said if you don't have a constructive answer to help, don't bother repling.

Status
Not open for further replies.