Defect Detector Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
wow! Wasnt expecting it but it had the old D&H detector that was upgraded 10 years ago! what a blast hear that old voice

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm not the huge fan most of you are but that's neat as hell. Back in the early 70s, I worked as a TV newsman and did a week-long series on railroads (inside a caboose, hump yard, bearing heat detectors with the printout tapes, etc. It went over pretty good. It was then that I sorta developed a mild interest.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Good Evening Everyone,

I started a new website that might be of interest to those here:

www.defectdetector.net

If anyone has anything that they would like to contribute, please reach out to me either here or through the website.

Thanks,

Nick Wilson
Nick,
I love it!!!! I see you have some of mine (Scott Schroeder) on there and that is very kool. On radioreference I submitted a bunch for just about every Conrail Defect Detector in Central NY. I also submitted some CSX Defect Detectors in Florida specifically Miami Sub & Auburndale Sub. I'm also working on FEC Detectors. I've listed there locations but haven't downloaded the audio clips yet. Love your website!!!!!!!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Good Evening Everyone,

www.defectdetector.net

If anyone has anything that they would like to contribute, please reach out to me either here or through the website.

Nick,

That's great! The older stuff especially brings back a lot of fond memories.

Couple of corrections though. . . unless they've been moved very recently, the CSX Columbus Subdivision and Northern Subdivision are in the Louisville Division, not the Great Lakes Division.

Also on the Northern Subdivision, the detector at MP 538.0 is in Kentucky, not Ohio; the border along the Ohio River is 6.5 miles railroad west of there (the Limeville/Sciotoville Bridge runs between MP1.4 and 2.1).

Next time I'm out roaming about I'll see if I can't grab audio of the detectors at 22.2 (Robbins), 35.8 (MR Cabin, kind of) and 51.3 (Hopetown) on the Northern Sub for you.

Tom WA8PYR

nsrailfan6130

Good Evening Everyone,

www.defectdetector.net

Thanks,

Nick Wilson
I live near 2 defect scanner sites (D52.5 in Holloway MI and D64.2 in Sand Creek MI) I'll see if I can get a recording from one or both sites.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I hear them all the time down here in Fort Erie Ontario but don't pay attention on what frequency they use. Are there certain frequencies I should listen to or do I have to scan all Rail frequencies.
Steve

homerjay

OK thanks for that I have been listening and I found two different frequencies that have them on there SO FAR, 161.415 and 160.800, I think they were in Buffalo NY.

The one you hear on 161.415 is the CN Stamford Sub. The detector is at Mile 7 which is around Stevensville. That is also CN Ch 1 and you will hear almost all CN detectors on that channel in Ontario.

As for the other channel you listed I would guess its from CSX in Buffalo, my guess is the Niagara branch or the Belt Line.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The one you hear on 161.415 is the CN Stamford Sub. The detector is at Mile 7 which is around Stevensville. That is also CN Ch 1 and you will hear almost all CN detectors on that channel in Ontario.

As for the other channel you listed I would guess its from CSX in Buffalo, my guess is the Niagara branch or the Belt Line.
Yes I believe you are right.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
What an awesome endeavor! Bravo!

Minor typo on the home page. Hint:"... and therefore must to be preserved accordingly. " :) I'll check it out in greater detail when I get off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.