Degradation of signal for Balto.City

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerhouse

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a "pixalation" of the digital signal coming out of Baltimore City?
I have both the BCD396T and the GRE PSR500 and both have the latest updates applied. I noticed this after applying the latest update to the Uniden and thought that the update was causing this but I have recently been noticing the exact same conditions on the PSR500.
My thinking is that either something was done to the city's system itself or, because the trees around the area are in full bloom and you need a strong signal for digital reception, this is causing some interference.
I have only noticed a reception problem on the citys' digital system. All of the other systems that I monitor, AnneArundel, Balto. and Carroll Counties as well as South Central Pennsylvania and BWI's tower communications, are fine.
Has anyone else noticed this and/or have comments regarding my thoughts?
Thanks
Dean
"powerhouse"

ekdavis

I noted the same thing on my 396 just last night. The signal was lower than normal, and the audio level seemed lower also.

don333

Signal Degradation

Nightwatch..can You Verify That The City Is In The Process Of Rebanding?
Thanks.

Don333
Bnn333

don333

Signal Degradation

Per Nighthawk....Rebanding in progress, but no reply to my verification question. I'm not surprised!!!

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Also decreased quality/dropped signal on system user portables and mobiles. It's not just the scanners.

powerhouse

I forgot to mention in my original post that the audio was much lower on both radios as ekdavis has noted.
One question comes to mind regarding rebanding on this system. Will the BCD396T and/or the PSR500 track these systems as is or will updates be required from the manufacturers'?
Thanks
Dean
"powerhouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.