Delaware 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

After my last week at my place up north, I noticed something similar to MDC-1200 (echo) or MDC-600 **post** transmission off the Margaretville transmit site for 46.06 (Delaware 911 Fire Channel 1). This site also transmits a simulcast on UHF, 453.5875 pl 100.0 - which has the same post-transmit tone. Unfortunately I don't have a low-band radio that is capable of decoding at the moment... sold it when I bought a new truck =( So I don't know if there is in fact an ID with it. In fact, upon further investigation - and knowing most units use Kenwood radio's - this sounds closer to Kenwood's FleetSync.

I'm almost thinking 911 is in fact transmitting on UHF and simulcasting onto 46.06 on that site - possibly in preparation for the new UHF system that's allegedly going into place some time next year (2015).

Anyone have input? I do know 911 is installing a new tower for this system at the BOCES on Jump Brook Rd. off State 23 just outside the village of Grand Gorge down the road from me. Thankfully, a new VZW site is going there too =D

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Thats not simulcasting its just a link.....Last i knew the link freq goes from Stamford mount utsayantha to Bellaryae Mt (458.5875) and thats all....as far as the MDC......i havent a clue

onsceno

Yeah, I knew there was the link, but I just found it very strange that all of a sudden there's this new audio with transmissions only off that tower. I can get 453.5875 no problem in Grand Gorge but don't get anything on the 458. Any ideas?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
My guess if its coming off Margeretville maybe running another tower on low band....or they moved the link to better serve Belleyre....There taking some land by eminent domain in the Town Of Franklin for a tower....or bigger tower since theres a tower there already

Last edited:

onsceno

Good possibility - I'd really like to see what I can get in terms of this new UHF system. Still very vague.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I have searched around and found NO info on the UHF part....no new licenses filed....nothing on there web sites.....time will tell.....i am sure it wont be able to be heard on a scanner.....and all the fire depts seem to be happy having there highband stuff.

onsceno

Yes, exactly! Though Trout Creek on UHF?! I don't get it. I have yet to hear Stamford actually utilize any of theirs. They were jamming hardcore on as of recent still on low band and the "Grand Gorge" VHF 153.215. This whole county is so weird now =(

D

DaveNF2G

If you have an IOS-based smartphone, you can get an app called RadioID (free) that will decode a number of those digital identifiers (along with Motorola QC2 tones) and tell you what kind of identifier it is along with the information that was transmitted.

D

DaveNF2G

I dunno. I went to the App Store (on my iPhone), typed "radio id" (without the quotes) into the search box, tapped "radio id" on the response list, and the app was the first thing that appeared.

AFAIK, there is no version of this app for the Android. I don't know whether there is an Android-specific app that can do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.