Delaware County BC780XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

skusner

I am very new and am looking to purchase a BC780XLT. Is anyone else using onje in the Aston area and will it work olay for Aston, Chester, Brookhaven, tach teams etc.

Steve

captclint

Mentor
I am very new and am looking to purchase a BC780XLT. Is anyone else using onje in the Aston area and will it work olay for Aston, Chester, Brookhaven, tach teams etc.
From what I can tell, Delaware County I doesn't seem to have anything there that the 780 won't receive. It is a fairly old scanner, but it should work if there are no plans to reband or go digital. It does not have alpha tags, so you are going to be memorizing a whole lot of frequencies to associate with what agency is talking, but many of us did that for years.

It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

Last edited:

skusner

Thanks for the info. You were correct in your guess of Delaware County, PA, sorry for the confusion. I actually caught up with a cop friend of mine yesterday and he has a BC700a in his car. He gave me much of the same frequencies here as well as let me listen in and helped me understand which townships are which and also how to identify who is who when they are talking.

I actually purchased the BC780XLT and should have it hooked up this week.

Thanks Again

Highpockets

From what I can tell, Delaware County I doesn't seem to have anything there that the 780 won't receive. It is a fairly old scanner, but it should work if there are no plans to reband or go digital. It does not have alpha tags, so you are going to be memorizing a whole lot of frequencies to associate with what agency is talking, but many of us did that for years.

It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

Double check, the 780 has 16 character alpha tags.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, Chester county can't be trunktracked because it uses a LTR Multinet system (no scanner can trunk it); so you will need to program that using the freqs conventionally.

73 Mike

wb3j

Living in Aston you will have a decent ability to hear New Castle, DE also. Worth checking out

Jim

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To be more precise - you won't be able to hear the Delaware state system, as it's digital - but at least some of what is listed here might be possible;

New Castle County, Delaware (DE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You would do well to purchase the Phillyscanner eBook (it's in PDF format) - it can be had from Scanner Master. It has things for Delaware county (and state) the database doesn't.

73 Mike

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just think about the fact that Delco will be going digital at some point. They've had their UHF system in service for a good 15 years or so now, so I would imagine that if they ever upgrade, it will be to conventional digital or some type of trunked system. Of course, I have no idea when or if that will happen any time soon.

EDIT - THere are a few P25 UHF channels in use...UDPD has one and Delco (EMA?) radios have a digital channel.

Last edited:

saber2k5

Sorry, but that's just not so...
I have an inside contact with a "high level" administrator, and have had this speciifc conversation before. Delco has absolutely no plans of either going digital system wide and definitely no trunking. That being said, several PD freqs are P-25, and there may be a few added, but OVERALL it will remain analog. And as for Joe's book--get it. It contains tons of info not found elsewhere; Joe also updates the book as necessary.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, but that's just not so...
I have an inside contact with a "high level" administrator, and have had this speciifc conversation before. Delco has absolutely no plans of either going digital system wide and definitely no trunking. That being said, several PD freqs are P-25, and there may be a few added, but OVERALL it will remain analog. And as for Joe's book--get it. It contains tons of info not found elsewhere; Joe also updates the book as necessary.

I'd be happy if they stayed analog, personally. Keep it simple and keep the costs down for the police, fire, and ems units that need to buy this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.