Dell Inspiron Mini 1012???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
My wife was given a "brand new" netbook by her employer to replace the aging, bulky Latitude she had from them. I wrote "brand new" in quotes, because I can't even find this model on the Dell website. From what I can see from searching the web it looks like a discontinued model. It's in perfect condition, but I am wondering if perhaps it was "new old stock" that never sold....

Anybody know anything about these netbooks as far as when they were introduced, are they still being made etc?

Thanks

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
My wife was given a "brand new" netbook by her employer to replace the aging, bulky Latitude she had from them. I wrote "brand new" in quotes, because I can't even find this model on the Dell website. From what I can see from searching the web it looks like a discontinued model. It's in perfect condition, but I am wondering if perhaps it was "new old stock" that never sold....

Anybody know anything about these netbooks as far as when they were introduced, are they still being made etc?

Thanks

Is this it?

http://www.computershopper.com/laptops/reviews/dell-inspiron-mini-10-1012

DriveSolutions.com

I use this site for see what it can handle sometimes HP DELL and other sites don't give much info
Find a Compatible Hard Drive for your Computer using our EZ Upgrade Center.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
that's it!!!

wow, released in 2010. That makes it pretty old, right? Does that also mean it is out of production?

CapStar362

haha, "Brand New?" more like End User "refurbished" and then polished and cleaned up to "look" brand new

br0adband

That particular model didn't last very long and didn't sell very well because people were buying models with better specs or cheaper prices - the mini 1012 fit right in the middle in a "dead spot" of sorts. It works fine, I'm sure, but with Atom processors you're going to be looking at slower performance all around I suppose. Still useful for various purposes, but if you need hardcore processing power, a Netbook just won't be able to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.