Derby / Ansonia EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can someone let me know which frequencies to listen to these two towns EMS calls on?

Ansonia: Is the business frequency still in use?
460.42500 EMS Dispatch
461.45000 EMS 2 Backup (that's not a PS allocation)

Derby on the other hand appears to have 3 possible operating frequencies? I think the ambulances use the call sign FD9 and FD10. If that's the case then I believe I have only heard them on the FD frequency of 453.05. What are these other frequencies for? Are they worth have programmed (assuming you have limited space in an older scanner)

Derby
451.55000 EMS/Rescue
453.90000 Storm EMS

APX7500X2

For Ansonia

Main Dispatch is 460.425 All new equipment and antennas very good coverage
Back up is 461.450 same as above a little less coverage but still good.
The ambulances are Bravo 7, 8 & 9. Lots of other numbers. I have caught Cars: 1, 2, 12, 14, 15, 45, 82, 188, 106 and Rescue 4, truck 6 and Rescue 2 so im not sure what they all are

Derby

Dispatch 453.050 Main channel with a few RX sites arround town. The RX sites are in need of an upgrade just listen..
The other 3
451.450- Sometimes up sometimes not, sort of a play toy repeater for what ever if it happens to be on
454.000- Same as above
453.900- New repeater tied to their dispatch. fair coverage but not in building at all.
Ambulances are FD 9 & 10 Engines are 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 Truck 15 Rescue 18 HazMat 1 & 2

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ansonia

Seems like they have a nice system setup. How often do they go onto the backup frequency?

Derby

I remember when Derby was on 33.44 with a 453.2125 crossband repeater. Vernon also used the same frequencies in the same configuration... talk about odd chances! They have definitely come a long way in terms of radio equipment. I'm not involved in Derby in anyway so I cant really say much but in my amateur opinion it seems like they have an excellent opportunity to move all paging to one frequency and leave operations on 453.05. Maybe even get the PD or DPW on UHF with the extra UHF pairs? It sure would help that all city services are on the same band.

I work part time for New Britain EMS and we are super busy (14,000) calls a year and we never have to go to a second talkgroup unless there is a prolonged incident. It seems silly for a small town to have so many frequencies. If you want to see an old system New Britain is still using a Motorola Type I TRS with more than a few band aid on arterial wounds.

Thanks for the info.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Ansonia Rescue Medical Service's dispatch (C-MED New Haven) tests the back up system a couple times a week at the 18:00 tone test. Also sometimes its utilized as a secondary channel and was their old dispatch channel when they switched from the old GMRS frequency they had when the organization was Civil Defense (it was allocated to them before it was designated a GMRS frequency). Car 1 is the Director, Car 2 and car 3 are assistant chiefs, Car 11 and 12 are captains. Car 7, 8 and 9 (aka 2-Bravo-7,8,9) are ARMS' ambulances. Rescue 2 (3-Bravo-2 its old C-MED call sign no longer used) is the old heavy rescue (FD is primary rescue) and is used for specialized equipment. This rig is going to be retired the last I heard but I think its still in service now. Rescue 4 (1-Bravo-4) is the air and lighting truck, also used for rehab duty and Truck 6 is the MCI box truck. All other car numbers are EMTs and EMR portables.

Storm Ambulance & Rescue Corps in Derby primarily utilizes 453.050, same as the fire department. SAC's secondary frequency 451.5500 is used occasionally for training or for communications between SAC members. They hardly utilize the Hazmat frequencies unless their is a major incident. If I remember correctly, the Hazmat frequencies for the the headset comms for their suits. SAC runs as 472 technician level hazardous materials response unit and is part of the New Haven Area Special Hazards Team. The 453.900 frequency is a new one for me, never head that one. They have RX remotes on the hospital, in Shelton, at their firehouse on the hill. There are some areas along Route 34 near Seymour where it is spotty, other than that it a decent system that has been in service for about 10 years.

SAC is a separate entity from the Derby Fire Department and the Storm Engine Company but work cooperatively together.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Oh I forgot to add that SAC's 451.5500 "business" frequency is also shared with a bus company out of Long Island. That might be the "fun toy" communications you could be hearing. The bus people say some strange things on the radio at times.

scollier

the Rescue trucks are the rescue side of it and cars are probably the first responders/brass

For Ansonia

Main Dispatch is 460.425 All new equipment and antennas very good coverage
Back up is 461.450 same as above a little less coverage but still good.
The ambulances are Bravo 7, 8 & 9. Lots of other numbers. I have caught Cars: 1, 2, 12, 14, 15, 45, 82, 188, 106 and Rescue 4, truck 6 and Rescue 2 so im not sure what they all are

Derby

Dispatch 453.050 Main channel with a few RX sites arround town. The RX sites are in need of an upgrade just listen..
The other 3
451.450- Sometimes up sometimes not, sort of a play toy repeater for what ever if it happens to be on
454.000- Same as above
453.900- New repeater tied to their dispatch. fair coverage but not in building at all.
Ambulances are FD 9 & 10 Engines are 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 Truck 15 Rescue 18 HazMat 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.