DFW Information

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I didn't want to start a new thread since it still pretrained to DFW. I currently am living in Euless (only for a few months) and have been mostly scanning the Northeast Tarrant site and it's talkgroups. I am also able to pick up Fort Worth layer 2 quite well but only get one bar on my BCDx36HP/BCD996P2 scanners. My question is about talkgroup 7325 "FWPD All Call" on the Fort Worth CityWide - Layer 1 site. The database indicates it is NOT encrypted but I haven't heard anything on this talkgroup. Is this talkgroup used very often? I wasn't sure if it is in fact encrypted or I am just not getting a good enough signal from my location to monitor this talkgroup.
I don't think it's used very much at all lately. When it first came out, it was in the clear with officer safety and BOLO for the whole city. Looking at Unitrunker, there have a been a few hits and some appear to have been encrypted. However, it's still very seldom.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the information. I will listen to the rest of the talkgroups listed as unencrypted to see if I get any activity. I don't usually listen to layer 1 as most of that traffic is encrypted. There are a few talkgroups for FWFD/MedStar that I have some questions about. I'm a bit limited on scanners as this is just a temporary setup. Can someone shed some light on or tell me what these talkgroups are used for: 5410 Fire Multi-Group, 5426 Fire Agency Group, 6806 PD Tactical, 6808 FWFD, FWFD, Medstar. I wouldn't think CareFlite deals much with FWFD as they are fairly close to hospitals but if so, how is coordination done with aircraft and FWFD/MedStar?

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I didn't want to start a new thread since it still pretrained to DFW. I currently am living in Euless (only for a few months) and have been mostly scanning the Northeast Tarrant site and it's talkgroups. I am also able to pick up Fort Worth layer 2 quite well but only get one bar on my BCDx36HP/BCD996P2 scanners. My question is about talkgroup 7325 "FWPD All Call" on the Fort Worth CityWide - Layer 1 site. The database indicates it is NOT encrypted but I haven't heard anything on this talkgroup. Is this talkgroup used very often? I wasn't sure if it is in fact encrypted or I am just not getting a good enough signal from my location to monitor this talkgroup.
I am in NRH and have been monitoring just about all of Tarrant County for years now, and quite honestly don't think I have ever heard anything on FWPD All Call. Your better bet is to build a bank with all the Layer 1 Interop Talkgroups in it. You'll hear some surveillance(that we don't talk about) but you'll get a heads up on any thing, like a police chase, that requires assistance from other agencies.