Diamond RH77CA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

Hello,
I have a rather crazy question about the Diamond RH77CA antenna. I was thinking about getting one for my PSR500 to improve reception over the stock antenna. My question is how much better will the RH77CA perform over the stock. Is it really worth getting? I would like better performance in the 150, 460 bands if possible. I do listen to some 800mhz traffic on the local viper system and it has strong signals.

Thanks,
Joey

Great antenna, and better than the stock one. The stock antenna is one of the weak points of the scanner in my book. Mine fit like crap and was ditched for a diamond RH519 which is the shorter cousin of the one you are looking at. The 77 is the best you can do if you want strong vhf performance, and it does well everywhere else as well. The only minus is that it is about 18" long. If that is ok with you, go for it, you will be happy with the performance. I mostly use the 519 because I need the shorter 8" length, but the 77 will outperform it on the lower frequencies. Nothing but good things to say about diamond products here. I use several and hold them in high regard.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Hello,
I have a rather crazy question about the Diamond RH77CA antenna. I was thinking about getting one for my PSR500 to improve reception over the stock antenna. My question is how much better will the RH77CA perform over the stock. Is it really worth getting? I would like better performance in the 150, 460 bands if possible. I do listen to some 800mhz traffic on the local viper system and it has strong signals.

Thanks,
Joey
nothing i have both mobile or handheld beats that antenna on UHF!!!! Though i don't have any mobile high gainers for UHF. My pro97 is not sensitive on UHF and the stock wouldn't pick up departments from the nearby counties, but the RH77CA pulls them in with no problems!!!! hows that for comparison? And yes works fine on VHF-hi.
If you only have one antenna this should be it. The size don't bother me at all. it's only 16inches. try the Maldol 6m/2m/70cm triband at 21inches now that's tall!!!! But hey it works!!! i talked from KS to Michigan and Florida on 6meters on a 5 watt handheld no joke!!!!!!
Eric Burris kc0ldt.

Flatshovel

Thanks for the information that Is what I was looking to hear. I know I have read the reviews on Eham site for it and they look very good. I think I will try one for my PSR500 and maybe get a second antenna for my Yaesu FT60 as well. Length is fine with me, as long as it helps reception I'm good to go!! Thanks for your comparisons looks like the antenna is a winner!!

Thanks,
Joey

Flatshovel

Well I went out and purchased the antenna. I did not see any difference in performance with it over the stock. Maybe slightly but not enough for me anyway. I was actually disappointed in the performance of the antenna over the stock. Maybe just me or maybe my location but I really saw no big difference.
Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.