Digital frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorningNews

I am a scanner newby in Blackfoot, ID. I have a Uniden BCD996T. I am trying to program in the county's digital frequencies - sheriff dispatch. I suspect that the frequencies listed in RR are the old analog frequencies and not the new digital frequencies. Can anyone help?

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I am a scanner newby in Blackfoot, ID. I have a Uniden BCD996T. I am trying to program in the county's digital frequencies - sheriff dispatch. I suspect that the frequencies listed in RR are the old analog frequencies and not the new digital frequencies. Can anyone help?
The IIMARS digital frequencies are here:
Scanner Frequencies: Idaho Interoperable Mutual Aid Radio System (IIMARS) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho

You only need to program the control channels(in red). You need both the Midway and Blackfoot sites. You also need to program the Bingham County Talkgroups.

Dave

MorningNews

Talk Groups

Can you help me with the talk groups? Again, I am still new and not familiar with the TGIDs, although i believe i know where to program them into my system. Are there specific numbers that need to be set?

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
If you have the scanner set for the ID Search Mode, it will find all the Talkgroups but will just show the TG number, with no name tag identifier. You can set this name tag to display the name for each talkgroup instead of the number. These name identifiers can be found on the IIMARS frequency page at the bottom for Bingham County.

Are you manually programming the scanner or using software? I find programing the 996 to be much easier if software is used, in fact I have been using software for so long, I'm not sure I remember how to do it without it.

I use Proscan which has a free 30 day trial period.
ProScan
There is also Freescan which is a free program.
ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

There is a lot of good information here.
BCD996T - The RadioReference Wiki

There can be a fairly big learning curve for using this scanner. I have an IIMARS software file in Proscan which I could send to you if you have the Proscan sofware on a computer. I don't know which firmware version is on your 996, but the firmware might have to be upgraded at some point also.

Send me a private message if you want the software file sent.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.