Digital question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil6

Wondering if someone could help me? I’m gonna be getting a digital radio. It is supposed to be compatible with the motorbro now here’s the question: Will I be able to program the channels for the power companies like Duke

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Duke is using OpenSky 4800 baud so NO you won't, EnergyUnited EMC is using a DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) trunked system so unless it is a trunking radio NO you won't, but you maybe able to monitor some of the frequencies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Wondering if someone could help me? I’m gonna be getting a digital radio. It is supposed to be compatible with the motorbro now here’s the question: Will I be able to program the channels for the power companies like Duke
Let us know which scanner you get. I have Davidson Co files for several scanners to get you in business.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Actually, the OP doesn't say if it is a scanner, Chinese DMR, or Motorola radio, so we really don't know for sure what he is using.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Actually, the OP doesn't say if it is a scanner, Chinese DMR, or Motorola radio, so we really don't know for sure what he is using.
He would be better off getting a scanner to be able to monitor numerous system types, unless he works for the power company, has authorization to use, and needs transmit capability. Otherwise, he is taking a big chance transmitting on their frequencies without knowing how to program. A lot of the Chinese radios are not type accepted and are illegal to use for transmit in the USA. The licensee would not allow the use of an illegal radio anyway.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
He would be better off getting a scanner to be able to monitor numerous system types, unless he works for the power company, has authorization to use, and needs transmit capability. Otherwise, he is taking a big chance transmitting on their frequencies without knowing how to program. A lot of the Chinese radios are not type accepted and are illegal to use for transmit in the USA, even if you have authorization by the licensee. The licensee would not allow the use of an illegal radio anyway.

As said, WE DO NOT KNOW.

Wil6

I just got the radio it’s a Radioiddity GD-73 but I don’t have a way to program it need help. I live in Welcome or Lexington NC. So I need someone who is near where I live

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just got the radio it’s a Radioiddity GD-73 but I don’t have a way to program it need help. I live in Welcome or Lexington NC. So I need someone who is near where I live

Please see response in your other post with the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.