BCD325P2: Display P25 subscriber ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Can the BCD325P2 display the P25 ID of a transmitting radio? I have "Disp. Unit ID" turned on but never see an ID. I am monitoring a P25 conventional system.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Yeah, those are all trunked. Mine works on CSP. I'm trying to get a conventional P25 ID.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I figured I'd continue with this question here since it's on the same topic and I obviously got great advice.

The scanner is in search mode since there are no talk groups IDs. It is receiving great. The display is switching back and forth between "ID:1" and "UID: ixxxxxxx" with x's being the unit ID. My questions:

Can I stop this and just have it only display the UID? If not, can I control what the "ID:1" displays with maybe POLICE or FIRE instead?

When the subscriber unkeys, the ID disappears. Is there a setting that will leave the display for x seconds after a transmission?

Thanks

Can I stop this and just have it only display the UID? If not, can I control what the "ID:1" displays with maybe POLICE or FIRE instead?
Yes. If you program the name for the system, that will display when the channel is active.

Likewise, if you program the names of the talk groups (Police, Fiire, DPW etc.) that will display when the group is active.
When the subscriber unkeys, the ID disappears. Is there a setting that will leave the display for x seconds after a transmission?
No setting to make the ID stay on the display.

I use a program to convert UID's to names, but you can supposedly do that using Freescan. Read here:

The 396XT should work the same way.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm using the BCD325P2, not the BCD996XT. Will that work the same? I do not use Freescan, I have ARC XT PRO. I don't mind trying Freescan but don't want to start from scratch if I cannot program the 325 to do this.

The radio IS displaying POLICE and FIRE. I have programmed those frequencies in as SITES with the respective frequencies. The second row on the display is what flips between the ID:1 and UID:ixxxxxxx and that's what I want to change. I'll d/l Freescan now, read the scanner and see what's there.

The Freescan download page does not indicate support for the BCD325P2. (BCD992P2, yes)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The scanner is in search mode since there are no talk groups IDs.
Technically, there is a TGID. P25 conventional defaults to TGID 1 unless someone changes that, which they almost never do. That is why you are seeing ID:1 alternating with the UID of the transmitting radio.

The display is switching back and forth between "ID:1" and "UID: ixxxxxxx" with x's being the unit ID.
As expected per the explanation above.

Can I stop this and just have it only display the UID?
Nope.

If not, can I control what the "ID:1" displays with maybe POLICE or FIRE instead?
Maybe. It depends on how you've setup OFT. If you put both 460.3625 and 453.775 into the same OFT system, then no you cannot label them individually because both frequencies use the same default TGID of 1, and therefore there is no way to distinguish them. If you created two OFT systems, one for each frequency, then yes you can alias TGID 1 differently within each system, as they won't be aware of each other in the scanner's programming.

Nope.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Got it, thanks. I do have them in the same system. I'll try splitting it up. At that point can I change the setting from SEARCH to SCAN and expect to hear everything?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As long as you add TGID 1 to each OFT system, and give it an alias, yes you can switch to SCAN if you wish.

N1GTL

Database Admin
AWESOME! Everything is working as I hoped. Now just need to enter all the ID's. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.