Alinco: DJMD5X - Most Recent Software

I need some help with the radio my dad bought. My dad has never used a digital radio before. He has been a ham radio operator for over 30 years, but when it comes to new technology he is not tech savvy at all. I personally know nothing about radios. I have tried researching everything about the model he bought and I feel like I am losing my mind trying to learn about something I have no knowledge base in. I don't know what else to do. I can't help with something I don't know anything about. I need someone's help.

His radio model is a DJMD5X.

The Remtronix site shows the most recent downloads available are for Firmware 1.11 and CRS 1.09a.

He keeps trying to "update" the radio software, I am telling him his Firmware is already up to date for the model that he has.

He keeps trying to update the hardware. I told him there is no update for the hardware.

I don't know what the CRS 1.09a is supposed to be for and I don't know how to explain it to him.

According to his radio, the following device information is listed:

Radio Name: DJMD5X
Model Name: DJ-MD5X
Freq Range: 400-480 136-174
Firmware Ver: Ver 1.11-T
Hardware Ver: Ver 1.00
Data Ver: Ver 1.00
Pro Date: 26-04-2021
Pic Ver: Ver 1.00
Lange Ver: 1.00
3558 Ver: V@.01.07BA

So basically I need to know the following:

Does any of his device information need to be updated?
What is a CRS?

Sincerely,

Ham Man's Daughter

N4KVE

It’s already at the newest version. I’m sort of in the same boat. I picked up a real clean used one for $100 at the Orlando Hamcation. It’s crazy to try to program everything in it, so I only programmed one freq. I have plenty of loaded Motorola radios to use. There is a user on the repeater with the same radio all loaded up, but he’s in the next county. When he’s in Palm Beach next he’ll dump his entire code plug in my radio. Problem solved. So try to find someone with the same radio local to you. And apparently Anytone CPS can be used to stuff an Anytone code plug in the Alinco radio.