• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR Dmr through pistar

KG4SHP

I am trying to access the pistar with xpr7550. Can anyone advise on all of the options that are required to be set in the contact within cps2. I created a pistar zone then tried adding contacts. Not sure if I have the tg in correct format or location. Also options that I do not know what to set. Trying brandmeister first. Hopefully can add tgif. The pistar sees the radio transmit but not hearing any traffic. After ptt I see call ended on pistar screen.

KD9FAL

On your 7550, make sure your receive and transmit color code are correct. Check your TG's (contacts) and make sure they are group calls and you have correct TG numbers. Make sure receive and transmit frequencies are correct. Check your RID is correct.

You didn't state what TG you were transmitting on, so the following response is an assumption that you were not on parrot. DMR isn't like a analog repeater where you will get a squelch tail or courtesy beep. You will only here a response if someone responds to you. I use Brandmeister Hoseline to confirm that my radio is transmitting and receiving properly on the TG's I have programmed. You can also use the Parrot TG in a private call to hear your transmission repeated.

If all the above appears correct, double check your pi-star and make sure it is registering with brand meister, i.e. no red status indicators on your dashboard. When you key up, make sure your Bit Error Rate is ok, possibility that your hotspot or radio is off frequency and not decoding. Double check your RID is correct in the dashboard. Check Brandmeister self-care to see if your hotspot is online, should be if you dashboard is all green.

KG4SHP

Thanks for the help. Do you use a prefix on the talk groups? I downloaded a list and entered what was listed. CC is 1. TS is 2. In the cps2 programming software there are a series of options for each contact, I do not know what option to select. I have Tx and rx set as it is simplex hotspot. Radio zone is set as pistar and contacts are attached to the zone. I see the hotspot receive when ptt on radio is pushed. On release of ptt. The hotspot indicates end of call. Hotspot is raspberry pi model 2b

KD9FAL

Do you use a prefix on the talk groups?
There won't be any prefix to a talkgroups. Talkgroups | BrandMeister Taking a look at this list, for example Worldwide is talkgroup 91. It would be entered into the radio as 91.

In the cps2 programming software there are a series of options for each contact, I do not know what option to select.
I will have to take a look at the options when I get in front of the CPS this evening. It should be something like Digital Call and then Group call for Talkgroups. Private call for parrot, disconnect, shutdown, etc.

Radio zone is set as pistar and contacts are attached to the zone.
Talkgroups should be in a channel within the zone. Each channel will have settings for Freq., CC, Contact, Etc.

I see the hotspot receive when ptt on radio is pushed. On release of ptt. The hotspot indicates end of call. Hotspot is raspberry pi model 2b
The screen on a MMDVM doesn't give you a lot of information. End of call I believe is just the hotspot dropping the TG after it times out from no activity.

I searched your callsign and radio id, and I am not seeing them on the brandmeister hotspot list.

If you want to send me your codeplug to my username @qsl.net I can take a look or shoot me an email and I can send you my codeplug as an example.