TRX-1: DMR Tier III Decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

Is anyone able to confirm if the TRX-x is able to properly decode TIII networks?

I have a BCD436HP sat on a major TIII network here, and it's handling it just fine (decoding as DT3, pulling in DCC, network and site ID etc). Contrast to the TRX-1....it isn't decoding anything...it's the same across all repeater sites on this network.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My TRX-1 and 2 both work on a 5 site 5 channel DMR T3 system with no problems it works just as good as good as my x36's where I had to get the LNC's right for my x36's to track where the TRX-'s scan the channels and could care less but this is not a busy system. It was a big over sale as of right now County SO County FD and one City PD

racingfan360

Thanks for the confirmation buddrousa.....I only have one DT3 system in my area, and my TRX1 simply isn't decoding any of it: it won't even decode as DMR in limit search on any of the systems frequencies/channels. Bizarrely it will decode as DMR slightly offset from the center frequency. I don't have any issues decoding this network on DSD+ or on a Uniden 436. The TRX1 has no issues on Conventional or CAP+ systems.

racingfan360

Sounds like Capacity Max with RAS...

Maybe (?) but both the 436 and DSD+:are showing decodes as DT3, and others are decoding successfully as DT3 also.....not on Whistlers I might add, as the new UK band plan meant the channels couldn't be tuned to until recently. I think I'll need to run some tests to See if the new bandplan is actually tuning to the displayed freqency or not.

TAbirdman

Thanks for the confirmation buddrousa.....I only have one DT3 system in my area, and my TRX1 simply isn't decoding any of it: it won't even decode as DMR in limit search on any of the systems frequencies/channels. Bizarrely it will decode as DMR slightly offset from the center frequency. I don't have any issues decoding this network on DSD+ or on a Uniden 436. The TRX1 has no issues on Conventional or CAP+ systems.

Have you tried it with Flex Step either on or off?

racingfan360

Did you list all known channels of this system in the TRX-1? It does not track Control rest channels as much as it scans all channels looking for traffic.

I haven't even gotten that far buddrousa.....I've simply been trying to manually (via limit search) tune to the channels, and none of them even decode as DMR, let alone try and do fancy stuff like track it. Again, no issues on Conventional or CAP+ systems, albeit they're not in the same part of the VHF band.

TAbirdman said:
Have you tried it with Flex Step either on or off?
Thanks for the suggestion....had thought of that too, tried it, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.