BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Dmr upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrlee185

Hi I’m new to this forum and new to Scanners I just got the dmr upgrade iput the key In but don’t know what key or combinations of keys I need to hit to enter the dmr key i have tried them all
No luck any help sure would be appreciated Gary

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Theses instructions are for the Uniden SDS100 scanner but it should be similar to your model.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi I’m new to this forum and new to Scanners I just got the dmr upgrade iput the key In but don’t know what key or combinations of keys I need to hit to enter the dmr key i have tried them all
No luck any help sure would be appreciated Gary

Once you have received your activation key, and you are certain that your scanner has the latest firmware, enter the key into your scanner....

Menu button --> Settings --> Upgrade --> Upgrade DMR --> Input DMR Key ....

Enter the key using the scroll knob (not the keypad) just as you would enter a text tag. Be sure to enter the numbers and the dashes exactly as given.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Theses instructions are for the Uniden SDS100 scanner but it should be similar to your model.
That's correct. The process to enter the key is the same for the x36HP as well as the SDS series of scanners.
The only difference is that, with the SDS scanners, you can use either the System & Channel soft keys to move right or left (as well as the 4 & 6), but on the x36HP scanners, only use the 4 & 6 to move right or left.

Mrlee185

I have done all that I just can’t get it I just can’t get it to enter I don’t know what key to hit for the scanner to except the code I have pressed them all know luc I feel real dumb now I had copied the key wrong thanks every one

Last edited:

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I have done all that I just can’t get it I just can’t get it to enter I don’t know what key to hit for the scanner to except the code I have pressed them all know luc I feel real dumb now I had copied the key wrong thanks every one
At the key input screen, use the scroll knob to input the characters of the key. These are numbers and letters from A to F, with a "-" (dash) between the groups. Enter all characters & numbers, including the dashes. After you enter a digit, press the 6 key to move to the right to enter the next character.

DO NOT PRESS the E (enter) key until you have entered ALL of the characters of the key. If you hit it prematurely, you'll get an "invalid key" message & have to start again.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
This video may help. The key entry starts at 3:30 and is similar to how it is done on your model except that you will press the 6 key to move the cursor to the right to enter the next character.

Status
Not open for further replies.