Dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
has any one tried to program a BCD536 hp for DMR .
every time i do it says no talk groups stored . i then have to turn on id search
to make it scan then it work . i am using the sentiel program to set it up
the radio will work on id search only or i can put the radio manual and
it will then decode just fine. what am i doing wrong

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Have you the color codes correct? Now is the system Conventional or a Trunk System?
If trunk system you'll need to have the correct info as in Color Codes LCN for each freq. If Conv you can just add the Color Codes you are not able to add TalkGroups or RIDs. If Conv mode you can use DMR OFT and you can add TG/RID doesn't require LCN since it is not a trunk system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
has any one tried to program a BCD536 hp for DMR .
every time i do it says no talk groups stored . i then have to turn on id search
to make it scan then it work . i am using the sentiel program to set it up
the radio will work on id search only or i can put the radio manual and
it will then decode just fine. what am i doing wrong
If you are using OFT mode, or setting it up as a full trunked system, you need a Department for the talkgroups. Even if you have selected ID Search mode, you still must have at least one TGID in the Department. I simply add a "dummy", TGID of 1. As long as there is something in there, even if TGID 1 is not used, the system will scan using ID Search mode, regardless of whether you created it as an OFT, or an actual system with more than one site frequency.

Also note that if you don't have a Department, or if that Department has zero talkgroups in it, you will not be able to use System Status or the LCN Finder under the Analyze function in the menu, nor will you be able to run a Discovery session.

I'm monitoring DMR systems, either OFT or one of the regular trunked systems (Connect or Capacity Plus) on my 536HP, both 436HPs, SDS100 & SDS200, plus 325P2.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
so I should program it in a none trunk mode just conventional mode i am using sentinel to program the radio

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
how due you tell the sentinel which is trunk or conventional
the scanner is decoding dmr i am listing to it right now just only in the id search mode
the ham Dmr is non trunking right listing to one freq DMR

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
how due you tell the sentinel which is trunk or conventional
A trunking system needs to be programmed as such. If the system isn't known to the database & assuming you know how to create a new favorites list in Sentinel you'd choose DMR One Frequency for single frequency, two slot or MOTOTRBO for CON+, CAP+, etc. Final option on the bottom of the drop down is Conventional

1623006503553.png

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
thanks for all your help i found out why it was saying no talk group stored
i had the service off that says ham . once i turned that on everything is working now

Ubbe

has any one tried to decode tire 3 DMR and dose the radio scan that ok
The 536 can handle a Tier3 system but you'll need to enter the LCN numbers correctly. Easist are to enter the the sites frequencies in a MotoTRBO system type and then run LCN Finder.

My 436/536/SDS100 do not follow the conversations at a 100% level but could be related to that most systems I have are Hytera. The longer the System Hold time the better it works with my DT3 systems.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.