Do not buy airspy products

nucleaireqc

I bought 2x AIRSPY R2 and one of the 2 the usb connector stopped working. I opened the case and the connector fell out of the case.

No response from airspy.

So here's what happened next.

2x R2 + shipping = $600 CAD (Canadian)

I have a 1 year warranty and it hasn't been 1 year but the warranty is that these guarantees that I no longer buy airspy products
414338502_217641651393263_5755980809235854428_n.jpg

nucleaireqc

What's going on with the trash cans? we break them even more than they are!

I have patience but it also has limits.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
What's going on with the trash cans? we break them even more than they are!

I have patience but it also has limits.
I apologize, but I don't have access to the current context or information about specific incidents with trash cans. As an AI assistant, I don't have real-time data or the ability to monitor specific situations. However, it's generally important to handle trash cans with care to avoid causing damage. If there are ongoing issues with broken trash cans, it may be helpful to report the problem to the relevant authorities or maintenance personnel for resolution.

mciupa

Boomer
The poster looks like he used Google Translate to translate French to English. I believe he is trying to say "What's going on with this garbage?"

Looks like the products was extremely mishandled trying open it to explore the guts. :(

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I bought 2x AIRSPY R2 and one of the 2 the usb connector stopped working. I opened the case and the connector fell out of the case.

No response from airspy.

I have a 1 year warranty and it hasn't been 1 year but the warranty is that these guarantees that I no longer buy airspy products
View attachment 153841
I have 12 AirSpys. Never had a problem. Seeing the photo, if I were AirSpy, I would say you avoided any warranty.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It looks like someone couldn't get it to work and took it out on the AirSpy instead of asking questions. Sad to see an excellent product abused like that.

Just out of curiosity (asking AirSpy owners) are they still selling old new stock from 8 years ago?

Capture1.PNG

thewraith2008

It seems people get heavy handed inserting the USB plug and push in the inner part of the connector straight off the PCB.

I modded with a thicker end plate to prevent over insertion and plug wiggle that causes a disconnect.

4QrW3iA.jpg

murphcc1

Premium Subscriber
SOOO....It WAS working, then stopped, then you open the case and this is what you find?
RRRIIIIIGGGHTTTT............thats the lie of a 5 years old with hands in the cookie jar.......

RFI-EMI-GUY

Wow that was a extreme reaction to not getting a immediate response over a holiday period.:rolleyes:
Exactly. I have a bunch of unfinished business, clients that owe me information, broken stuff, bad water heater, vehicle registration changes, watch repair, cats to herd, dishwasher drain hose, medical issues, etc. All of it has to wait until January because December is always a SS and CF.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
It seems people get heavy handed inserting the USB plug and push in the inner part of the connector straight off the PCB.

I modded with a thicker end plate to prevent over insertion and plug wiggle that causes a disconnect.
I wish he would have went with USB-B or USB-mini instead of micro. Mine is a little loose feeling as well.

I also think destroying it was a useless act of petulance. I do hope they reply after the holidays but then refuse the claim after seeing the additional damage. They work so well that I would have permanently soldered a USB cable to it to continue using it if no warranty was possible. Dumb.

samcken

Obvious planned obsolescence. It's time to buy the quantum based AI fiber optic model. On sale now! All parts are lifetime warranty (excluding circuit board).

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
It looks like someone couldn't get it to work and took it out on the AirSpy instead of asking questions. Sad to see an excellent product abused like that.

Just out of curiosity (asking AirSpy owners) are they still selling old new stock from 8 years ago?

View attachment 153844
That is almost certainly the date of the circuit board design for the R2 rather than the manufacture date of that unit. Doing such is common. They have not redesigned since then.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber

No response from airspy.

View attachment 153841
Take $20 US for those 4 halves?

ronenp

I think that his point that AirSpy didnt answer his mails requesting to fix the product so he gave up cut it and throw it to the trash

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I think that his point that AirSpy didnt answer his mails requesting to fix the product so he gave up cut it and throw it to the trash
At the cost, it's just crazy 🤪 I've probably replaced 50 or more micro usb ports on cellphones, it's one of the worst thing ever created, but easily fixed for .20 cents

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I have 12 AirSpys. Never had a problem. Seeing the photo, if I were AirSpy, I would say you avoided any warranty.
IDK, I have an R2 that died after 4 months, and trying to get it serviced / replaced under warranty was going to be a PITA. So now I buy my Airspys from Itead.