Dodger Stadium and the LAPD/Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Hello all!

I am visiting Dodger Stadium soon and would like to know if anyone has experience with listening to the LAPD officers at Dodger Stadium. I know after the Stow incident they increased security. Do the officers use a Tac channel, or stick to monitoring their Central Div Dispatch Channel? I know the security ch. will have all the private guards.

Thanks in advance!

karldotcom

I rarely hear any calls for service at Dodgers Stadium on LAPD frequencies. Only the occasional auto burglary when someone returns to see their car broke into.. The officers you see at the stadium are working off-duty uniformed.

Here is the most detailed explanation I have ever read about their setup. Of course, it is pre-Stow may have changed somewhat. I have read that some officers now cruise around in the visiting team's colors, trying to attract bad behavior.

I think Dodger Stadium is all MotoTrbo also.

Dodgers' security chief quit after cuts in LAPD officers - LA Times

edit and here is an article on their Ambulance setup

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/15/local/la-me-ln-dodgers-end-lafd-deal-20130715

Last edited:

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, their FCC License shows them still using narrowband 12.5 kHz. I also believe if someone who has an analog license wants to switch to digital, they must inform the FCC and get their license changed/updated. Then the emission designator for license WQEQ653 would show 7K60FXE instead of 11K2... I do see that license WQIG614 has the 7K60... designator, so I can let that one go.
I'll be sure to monitor and find out. If they are using DMR out of their frequency-specific license allocation, I may want to rat them out.

Thanks for the input!

karldotcom

Well, if you find something certainly post it. I used to listen to security a couple years ago, and then it went away!

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
And you are listening to the current frequencies posted in the database? I will definitely do some signal stalking with my 106 then.

Not that it would help with DMR, but at least the dB could be updated.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Atleast as of last season I can confirm most of the Dodger frequencies in the Db are active.
Some are actually pretty strong and can be heard far away from the stadium.

Also don't forget some of the private security companies like CSC. Not sure if they still have a contract at Dodger stadium but they have many frequencies in the Db, so check those out also. (almost all are simplex)

Let us know what you find.

Radio_Lady

Hello all!
Do the officers use a Tac channel, or stick to monitoring their Central Div Dispatch Channel?
I'll have to defer to LAflyer and karldotcom on the current details you ask about, but want to note that being west of the 110 Frwy and north of Sunset, Dodger Stadium is in Northeast Division rather than Central. 11A95's patrol area as I recall, but those numbers change from time to time.

LAPD officers working the stadium wouldn't typically listen to a dispatch frequency anyway, but most likely a stadium-operated frequency. AFAIK they do have LAPD radios, and if a disturbance or Stow-type incident brings in patrol units, they would probably switch over to coordinate with them. I've been out of that loop for a long time though.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the stadium now, and a lot of the radios I've scene are CP200s. I saw one XPR 6550 on what looked like an usher, then a PR400 (looks like a CP 200 with a display and 4-way nav button). All the radios transmit an MDC1200 burst at the end of a transmission. There doesn't seem to be very much organization in their radio system. It's hard to tell which frequency is paired to what purpose. Kind of like everyone is using each others frequency. A first aid medic did tell me that they are on channel 7. I haven't been able to tell what frequency channel 7 is yet, but I'm doing my best to pair everything up correctly. This really is a job for someone who has inside information, like an employee with a "channel assignment" sheet. But it does seem that everyone reports to the command post "CP."

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
So what did you find avascan522?
You never came back to us with update on the frequencies?

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Dodger Stadium Frequencies

Well, this is what I picked up. Most of the frequencies are on their (I believe) 3 licenses. I don't think the Command Post has a specific frequency, but all employees report to the "CP" like it's a dispatch.

451.8625 DC116 (unk. M/BM/RM) Stores? FM

451.9875 DC431 RM Ch.7 - First Aid NFM

452.6500 DC155 M VIP Club (mentions of first aid... maybe this is "Ch.7"...?? NFM

452.7250 DC065 M Parking Lot Shuttle NFM

451.4000 DC723 RM Operations (Confirmed) NFM

452.7875 DC351 M Parking NFM

451.3250 DC412 M Cart Shuttles NFM

451.7875 DC223 RM Security NFM

452.0875 DC143 M Unknown (picked up on signal stalker-multi use ops) NFM

I apologize if any frequencies are already in the system... I just read the ones that looked new. Like I said: It was all a jumble. Everyone had callsigns, so I was barely able to make out who they were and for what the frequency was used. Hope this helps!

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Good stuff thanks. I'll work to incorporate them in the Db.

We also recently received submission of 461.5625 RM 627DPL as parking ops.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Back again, new equipment

Can't believe it's been three years already. Im back at the stadium today, and don't have anything new to report. The Mototrbo Capacity+ system is the only thing used, and there are XPR 7000 series radios everywhere. Parking uses 7350's and everyone else, 7550's.
Because of my Uniden 436hp, I haven't been able to track the system well. Sometimes I pick things up, sometimes I don't. Wish either this scanner, or another one worked well enough to follow the system completely. I feel like I miss a lot of full conversations, especially security.
Either way, it's nice to see so many nice, shiny, Motorola radios everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.