Does anybody out there know where I can locate DSP offline updater 3.0 or 3.1. PSR-800

cobra20xl

Does anybody out there know where I can locate DSP offline updater 3.0 or 3.1 for PSR-800. I have two of them One is working with 3.1.... one is not Is there a way I can extract it off the working one? Or if anybody has an alternative method of updating DSP on this radio. CPU upgrade I have just not DSP.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
There is no dsp 3.1 update for a GRE PSR 800...get the legacy upgrade for your scanner from Whistlergroup.com then you will get dsp 3.1 ...actually 3.2 and so much more!

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is no dsp 3.1 update for a GRE PSR 800
I suspect that one of the PSR-800's has already been upgraded if it has 3.1 DSP firmware and should be using WS1080 EZ Scan for firmware updates. If the other PSR-800 has been upgraded and the WS1080 EZ Scan does not work for firmware updates, there is a separate CPU firmware updater for the Legacy Upgraded scanners to get it working again. Otherwise, the scanner will need to be upgraded to gain access to DSP v3.1 firmware. I currently have CPU v4.8 and DSP v3.2 on my WS1080.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I suspect that one of the PSR-800's has already been upgraded if it has 3.1 DSP firmware and should be using WS1080 EZ Scan for firmware updates. If the other PSR-800 has been upgraded and the WS1080 EZ Scan does not work for firmware updates, there is a separate CPU firmware updater for the Legacy Upgraded scanners to get it working again. Otherwise, the scanner will need to be upgraded to gain access to DSP v3.1 firmware. I currently have CPU v4.8 and DSP v3.2 on my WS1080.
Then he should try to archive and restore...basically clone it....or just copy the card...no matter what the dsp is stored on the sdcard as a .ini file...he has everything he needs if he copies it to the other card/but if one is hacked could they brick it?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Then he should try to achive..no matter what the dsp is stored on the sdcard as a .ini file...he has everything he needs if he copies it to the other card/but if one is hacked could they brick it?
I don't know what will happen if the PSR-800 has not had the official upgrade. It may already be bricked and that is why it is not working.

cobra20xl

Thank you guys, I was able to figure it out I have a PSR 800 and a pro 668 the front ends on each are different required requiring different RF Data threshold values. I also was able to find all those wonderful files everybody is having such a hard time locating. if anybody needs help send me a private message and I'll be happy to help you. I was able to change my DSP down to 3.1 using the config files on SD card the config files are what actually holds your DSP. also nothing will happen if you upgrade your hacked radio to DSP version 3.2 it's the CPU upgrade that will cripple the radio. I have psr-800 and pro-668 with 3.2 DSP and 4.5 CPU. You just can't upgrade past CPU 4.5 if you have a hacked scanner. Thanks and 73's