does v3 update really work better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve1sef

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
761
Reaction score
147
Location
Halifax Regional Municipality, NS, Can
I obtained a copy of v2 from Yahoo's 996 group page.
To reload v2, I just used the same steps as when I loaded v3.
Follow th prompts in the uniden BC_VUP program and you should be okay.
 
Last edited:

cws

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
Temple, TX
hello there im having the same trouble with my bcd396t sence i updated with 301 my p25 is twice as deff as it used to be where can i get the version 2 update so i can try it and see if it may help thanks.

You said pretty much the same thing in post #8 of this thread. I responded, with what I thought might be some useful information in post #9. You did not respond to that, to answer any of my questions. Did you see it? Do you have the systems set up correctly?
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
v3 to v2

ive been tryin to revert back to v 2 but its telling me i already updated is there a way to clear the v 301 before i can get back too v2?
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
You said pretty much the same thing in post #8 of this thread. I responded, with what I thought might be some useful information in post #9. You did not respond to that, to answer any of my questions. Did you see it? Do you have the systems set up correctly?

yes i believe i do i have reloaded the programs from freescan useing the same file as ive had from the beginning with the same systems an groups i never changed any settings sence the update every other system seems ok just the rcmp which are p25 dont seem to want to come in for me anymore
 

ve1sef

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
761
Reaction score
147
Location
Halifax Regional Municipality, NS, Can
bcd346t
Perhaps, you should contact Uniden directly. Your problem might beyond our suggestions. I think if you check in the Eastern Canada threads.There's a discussion about sending off scanners for repair. It included
a name( and contact info, I think) of uniden's Canadian repair contractor. Depending on age of your radio, it may still be under warrenty. Good Luck.
 
Last edited:

Viper43

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
3,272
Reaction score
9
Did you reload the programming after doing the firmware update? And, as I recently found you sometimes need to do the firmware update two or three times as something such as an electrical glitch (ie noise) can foul up the update. So until you have reloaded the firmware two or three times and reloaded the programming each time don't assume it's a faulty firmware until you have done the above. Since you don't say you have tried loading the firmware again try it and reload your programming. This ver 3 does work with P25 systems, and on some systems you have to make adjustments as the systems were not set up to specs, which is not Unidens fault.

V

yes i believe i do i have reloaded the programs from freescan useing the same file as ive had from the beginning with the same systems an groups i never changed any settings sence the update every other system seems ok just the rcmp which are p25 dont seem to want to come in for me anymore
 

MetalCarnage

Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
735
Reaction score
1
Location
Ajax Ontario
I have also done the update, to 3.0.1 and am now having HUGE P25 issues ( and yes, i have done EVERYTHING listed above, reloaded both the update and programming blah blah blah) setup is IDENTICAL as before, same antenna, same location, same 60Hz power source, and now my VHF P25 system i listen too has has hugeeee errors....in fact when using Freescan's control software, it shows a reception level (mid 700's) that is identical to pre-update, so the reception hasnt gotten any worse, i guess i am going to have to hunt down a V2 as well and switch back, something is definitly buggy about the update.

PS: the difference was noticable right away, i was listening to the system right before i updated and listened to the system right after and as soon as it loaded it sounded like my bc250d with all that digitized voice crap
 
Last edited:

415dispatcher

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Ventura County, CA
I had problems with version 1 and upgraded to version 2...it worked perfectly after that and still does. I won't even consider v3 until i need it...and so far i don't see any reason to upgrade. Moral of the story: don't upgrade firmware if you aren't experiencing any problems
 

MetalCarnage

Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
735
Reaction score
1
Location
Ajax Ontario
hey there just wondering if you may have a copy of v2 for bcd396t file that you could send me i had it but must have deleated it? thanks.

Ya, i could use a copy of it too now....if anyone knows where i could find one that would be awesome......btw, i guess i should check, i just read that the update sets P25 to a default setting of 3....but did u still have to turn on the auto mode? or is auto still default, because i know for the P25 systems in my area setting 8 is usually works for me, so maybe its stuck at 3 and thats why my decoding is all messed up? Dont have the scanner with me at work, so i cant really check right now
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
I have recerted back to V2. It is now flawless again. With the latest V3 I was getting motorboating about 50% of the time. It was not a reception issue either as some like to say. I tried making all the adjustments, and switching to manual etc. Version 2 simply works better for me. I will miss the close call do not disturb.

hey there just wondering if you may have a copy of v2 for bcd396t file that you could send me i had it but must have deleated it? thanks.
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
I have recerted back to V2. It is now flawless again. With the latest V3 I was getting motorboating about 50% of the time. It was not a reception issue either as some like to say. I tried making all the adjustments, and switching to manual etc. Version 2 simply works better for me. I will miss the close call do not disturb.

hey there just wondering if you may have a copy of v2 for bcd396t file that you could send me i had it but must have deleated it? thanks.
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
I had problems with version 1 and upgraded to version 2...it worked perfectly after that and still does. I won't even consider v3 until i need it...and so far i don't see any reason to upgrade. Moral of the story: don't upgrade firmware if you aren't experiencing any problems

yes i hear ya on that one i wish the f##k i had left mine the way it was before once i updated with version 301 i am nnot getting my p25 half as strong as i did before it was alot better befor the update no im trying to revert back to 2
 

vortex360

Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
"As stated earlier, the firmware updates have nothing to do with sensitivity."___________ Bologny. We waited, we anticipaed and we hoped for better performance and what did we get? Instant loss of Police and Fire departments that we used to be able to monitor. The sensitivity has gone to hell to be honest and I'm not the only one to notice. I can't even monitor the Michigan P25 system and I'm 4 miles from the Michigan State line and I used to be able to get it in. I used to marvel at this radio's sensitivity and now it is junk. With everything seemingly going to digital I won't be listening to hardly anything anymore. Uniden should fix the 3.01.0 update or whatever it's called or make available the previous firmware versions.
 
Last edited:

rjskupny

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Arlington MA in Middlesex county around the Boston
"As stated earlier, the firmware updates have nothing to do with sensitivity."___________ Bologny. We waited, we anticipaed and we hoped for better performance and what did we get? Instant loss of Police and Fire departments that we used to be able to monitor. The sensitivity has gone to hell to be honest and I'm not the only one to notice. I can't even monitor the Michigan P25 system and I'm 4 miles from the Michigan State line and I used to be able to get it in. I used to marvel at this radio's sensitivity and now it is junk. With everything seemingly going to digital I won't be listening to hardly anything anymore. Uniden should fix the 3.01.0 update or whatever it's called or make available the previous firmware versions.

I strongly agree that this should have been researched more throughly before it was released to the uniden scanning community. The 396T has major issues with P25 transmissions. WHY ??????????
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
"As stated earlier, the firmware updates have nothing to do with sensitivity."___________ Bologny. We waited, we anticipaed and we hoped for better performance and what did we get? Instant loss of Police and Fire departments that we used to be able to monitor. The sensitivity has gone to hell to be honest and I'm not the only one to notice. I can't even monitor the Michigan P25 system and I'm 4 miles from the Michigan State line and I used to be able to get it in. I used to marvel at this radio's sensitivity and now it is junk. With everything seemingly going to digital I won't be listening to hardly anything anymore. Uniden should fix the 3.01.0 update or whatever it's called or make available the previous firmware versions.

i reverted back to 2.00.07 an now im recieving what i was missing with 301.00 think all stay there the p25 is much better now not half as deff as 301 was.
 

bcd396t

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
cape breton n,s
I strongly agree that this should have been researched more throughly before it was released to the uniden scanning community. The 396T has major issues with P25 transmissions. WHY ??????????[/QUO i reverted back to 2.00.07 an now im recieving what i was missing with 301.00 think all stay there the p25 is much better now not half as deff as 301 was.
 

rjskupny

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Arlington MA in Middlesex county around the Boston
I strongly agree that this should have been researched more throughly before it was released to the uniden scanning community. The 396T has major issues with P25 transmissions. WHY ??????????[/QUO i reverted back to 2.00.07 an now im recieving what i was missing with 301.00 think all stay there the p25 is much better now not half as deff as 301 was.

I definately will revert to version 2.00.07 for only the 396T when my brothers pc becomes available later today.
 

radiowaves1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
On the RF wave!
Uniden updates...don't forget!

I just traded for a Uniden 396 and performed the V3 update from Uniden and upgraded the ARC software as well. But after figuring out that one of the P25 systems in my scanner was not coming thru (my 996 was working fine during the upgrade to the 396) I looked and saw that the tones for some of the freq's had been "turned on" somehow. I still haven't figured that out but after going in and reading the radio them correcting things, it works fine. I still haven't figured out what Joe was talking baout on the Uniden website where he states that "hidden menus" on the 396 will move to the front of the menu in the radio, I still have not seen any of these hidden menus. Just FYI, ya'll have a Merry Christmas : )
 

MetalCarnage

Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
735
Reaction score
1
Location
Ajax Ontario
Does anyone know where i could find a copy of the V2 for the 396, i would super appreciate it if someone could email it to me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top