Doug Runyon - Silent Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Albeit late, it is with great sadness that I must report that one of Indiana's scanner experts has passed away.

Doug Runyon (user drunyon on the forums) passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack on January 11, 2012. A family friend who is helping out with Doug's email advised me this past weekend of the news.

Doug was a tremendous asset to the scanner community in the state of Indiana. The database, especially for the western part of the state around Terre Haute, would not be what it is today without Doug's information. He will be truly missed.

Doug was owner and operator of Dignitary Protection Group in Terre Haute, and former news director of WTHI in Terre Haute.

Please remember to keep Doug's wife Kelly in your prayers.

Attachments

• Doug-Runyon.jpg
    Doug-Runyon.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 355

usswood

OMG, my heart goes out to Doug's family and friends! While I never knew Doug personally, over the years we have shared much information about scanning and local happenins! You truely will be missed...if I ever had a frequencey I wasn't sure who owned it or used it all I would have to do is PM Doug and he would come up with some answers! God Speed Doug and Big 73 from KC9LDJ!

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
I am deeply saddened that we lost another member of RR.

i never talked to him on here me being in a diff state then yall but it always hurts to lose members of a such great site as this one.

he will be missed here. as the org poster said his work on the db is what he will be remembered for,

deepest sympathies to everyone on RR that knew him and his family

Status
Not open for further replies.