Dpl? Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i'm sorta a newbie! Quick question I am trying to program my radio to 114 DPL but the options I have are 114 DPLN and 114 DPLI
It would be the one with the N, correct because it is not inverted?

Also say a radio is at 460.00 114 DPL and I have a radio at 460.00 no DPL would I be able to hear it?

Thanks for your help!

DickH

Sorry i'm sorta a newbie! Quick question I am trying to program my radio to 114 DPL but the options I have are 114 DPLN and 114 DPLI
It would be the one with the N, correct because it is not inverted?

Also say a radio is at 460.00 114 DPL and I have a radio at 460.00 no DPL would I be able to hear it?

Thanks for your help!

You do not need any DPL to monitor any freq. You only need to use it if there is another station on the same freq. that you find annoying. Look through your Owners Manual. It may have a better explanation.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You do not need any DPL to monitor any freq. You only need to use it if there is another station on the same freq. that you find annoying. Look through your Owners Manual. It may have a better explanation.

As dick said, to listen you don't need the tone, unless you're getting interference on the same frequency.
But FYI, DPLN = digital private line normal, DPL I = digital private line inverted

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.