dPMR encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

Just saw a SHTF forum and there was a thread about these radios along with some YouTube videos. I guess the phones will put out 700 mW. I like how they have built in GPS. I see a seller selling the i355 for 29.95. Not bad considering a DTR costs at least $175-$195. There's even an external antenna connection and I saw a 3 watt amp on Amazon for these. Of course that would violate FCC rules for 1 watt or less in the 900 MHz band.

When you go to Direct Talk mode will it retain that mode when the phone is power cycled?

No. When I turn the phone off I have to go in to menu and select DirectTalk when I power it back on.

cubn

Database Admin
Nextel radios booting up into Direct Talk

You can set the Nextel phones to power up into Direct Talk mode.
http://forums.radioreference.com/di...-nextel-direct-talk-not-direct-connect-3.html

Because there are no Nextel towers anymore when I turn mine on, the phone sits there and tries to find a cell tower but I hit I believe it's the hang up button (don't have one with me now to check) and then it will switch over to Direct Talk automatically. (When the Nextel towers were still around I didn't have to do that, it just switched over automatically).

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Cool, thanks for the info. Another question: If I set it up with private contacts with a ten digit number do I have to go into the menu every time just to use private? I wanna make these like a regular two-way radio as best I can.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Well, I have a couple i355's and they work well. Haven't tested range in the neighborhood yet. Will post latter on that. I can confirm that you do need to press the hang up button to get the phone from trying to find service when you power up. PITA. But I do have them configured to boot into Direct Talk mode on start up.

I tried to call 911 and it said one minute then a minute latter the phone said no service. So there you go. No phone service once so ever.

The 10 digit private call thing is a bit of a PITA because you have to press arrow down to select it to make a private call.

RayAir

The programming software I have for a dPMR radio has an input key using numbers 0-9 for a total of 32 digits. Using the formula for combinations, C(n,r) = n! / ( r! (n - r)! ) it looks like there are 64,512,240 possible keys. Not too shabby.

That formula only applies to octal keys, correct?

I think the old Motorola DVP was octal also.

Do you have any Kirisun dPMR radios?
I'm thinking of waiting for CS to release their SDR radio. First edition will come with DSTAR and analog ( I think). Then downloads for TRBO, P25,and NXDN will be released probably for more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.