DPS activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
I have been wondering what network DPS has been using around the SA area now. Im more in Seguin, but cant seem to find there actual dispatch on anything so far. Anyone know what system they are using or anything on them? I know their statewide VHF channels are not used much anymore around the Seguin area. However, I always here them messing up on the local SO channel asking DPS San Antonio a quesiton but forget to switch over. Anyone know what system this is?

rbarker

Robert

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I know they are setup on the LCRA system but I'm unaware of how far south it currently runs. They could also be using GATRRS via the Lockhart
and Iron Mountain (Luling) sites currently for some of the area.

wilcomister

You will be seeing a lot of this for a while as they are currently cleaning up / correcting their licenses. As for the Seguin area, try listening to the New Braunfels DPS repeater or the LCRA P25 overlay.

WM

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Had some really good skip a few nights ago. (Thursday 8/17/17) Was able to hear DPS Houston on 155.4600 but then was covered by DPS Tyler. (I was in Texarkana). Coincidently I made a 2 meter contact on 146.52 later that morning on good ole FM simplex mobile 50 watts from Honey Grove TX to Coffeyville Kansas. Kept a S8 for over 5 min.

Anyways ...

DPS have a new license for both 159.2100 and 159.2175 in Commerce so will be listening for new NAC's.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yes DPS in the Seguin/Guadalupe area use 155.4375 for dispatch and operations within the county as well as use Seguin PD from time to time. Other state agencies use it as well and it is patched to the LCRA P25 system on TG 6517 and all of the users on the system can access it. Guadalupe county is not very interop friendly with surrounding agencies being on Nexedge. DPS will not know about major stuff going on in the county till sometimes over 5 minutes after something has occurred. San Antonio area is still on 155.445 sometimes repeated when not the mobiles are on 154.695. 155.445 is patched to the SA/Bexar County Provoice system and majority of troopers in Bexar County have access to the Provoice system and city and county channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.