DSDPlus DSD+ Command Line Output

andy404ns

Premium Subscriber
Hi all -

I'm a bit surprised I haven't found anything in the readmes or searching through the forums but I'm looking for anything that explains the command line output for DSD+ as is decodes. Specifically the final column tends to have a lot of abbreviations and codes that I can't decipher. Below are a few screen shots:

1718557532931.png

1718557553894.png

So for those, I don't know what the following mean:
- CACH ERR
- CSBK
- TLC
- Rate 1/2 Data
- ERR2, ERR3 (are these specific error codes?)
- Rate 3/4 Data FEC FAIL
- The code following XPT Beacon

Thanks in advance!

cg

Premium Subscriber
Most have been previously discussed in the forums, there is a search forum function in upper right corner.

I believe XPT info is site info and talkgroup activity on linked channels

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
ERR means error. So either its a weak signal, to strong of a signal, or the PPM for the dongle is off. An occasional err is ok but your second pic is not.

You dont state what version of DSDPlus your using. Post a screenshot of the spectrum when your tuned to the freq in your second pic.

andy404ns

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for dropping off for a while - was traveling. The screen shots in my initial post were from the public release of DSDPlus. I've since upgraded to Fastlane and am running the most current version - v2.465

I also found my way to the technical standards doc for DMR - "ETSI TS 102 361-1 V2.4.1" which explains a lot of the abbreviations I'm seeing. Still not clear on what I can do with the XPT Beacon info.

Here's an interesting one I just found while browsing around the 900 band:

1719981125786.png

1719981176887.png

I gather ECC is an encryption thing and RAS is restricted access to the system. No idea why it says Aloha!

Curious what the system might be. There aren't any tier3 systems listed in the rrdb around me although. I vaguely recall seeing that nonstandard tier3 can't be monitored but I could also be making that up completely.

No information is populating in Groups, Radios, or Control Channel windows.