DSD & Dstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpurrfect69

Ok so I've downloaded the dsd 1.7 that has been ported to windows that claims it can now demodulate dstar voice but struggerling massively, once I've extracted it from the rar file inside the folder I have x2 applications I can click on, One called dsd & one called mototrbo, If I click on the dsd icon the dos box shows only very briefly then disappears "nothing shows" If I click on the mototrbo icon the dos window shows & stays but nothing when it comes to demodulating dstar.

I can demodulate only certain data using dsd plus & that works fine but no voice sadly.... Can I ask if they's anyone that can tell me where I'm going wrong with dsd 1.7 when it comes to demodulating voice from dstar???

Cheers guys tnx In advance

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I've downloaded the dsd 1.7 that has been ported to windows that claims it can now demodulate dstar voice but struggerling massively, once I've extracted it from the rar file inside the folder I have x2 applications I can click on, One called dsd & one called mototrbo, If I click on the dsd icon the dos box shows only very briefly then disappears "nothing shows" If I click on the mototrbo icon the dos window shows & stays but nothing when it comes to demodulating dstar.

I can demodulate only certain data using dsd plus & that works fine but no voice sadly.... Can I ask if they's anyone that can tell me where I'm going wrong with dsd 1.7 when it comes to demodulating voice from dstar???

Cheers guys tnx In advance

One thing I can help, if the window pops up then goes out of view, it's probably because the .bat file has the wrong path. I did that by copy paste from another computer and had the same issue. Check the file path. As far as D-Star sorry can't help. :(

mrpurrfect69

Tnx 737 for the heads up I'll have a look to see if its possible to change the route path for it unless anyone can give us details on how to change the path :)

Cheers guys

ronenp

The Batch file mototurbo contain the following command
dsd -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp
the DSD alone dont know what is input and output therefore it closes the window and just before the window closes it say that it doesnt know what input and output device to specify
therefore run the mototurbo batch and it should decode your D-star as well
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

mrpurrfect69

Ok thanks for the replies, the mototrbo batch file runs with them commands even just clicking on the icon it runs without disappearing but it won't demodulate dstar voice not for me anyways, carn't get my head round this just thinking I'm over looking something.

Regards

ronenp

What is ur setup ?
Receiver ? where u take the oudio from ? discriminator ?

mrpurrfect69

Yeah sorry for the late reply still playing with this & no such luck at the moe.... Setup is a SDR dongle receiver & running the audio via a VAC into the software!! It works fine on DSDplus but seem to be struggerling massively with this package at demodulating audio from Dstar!! I'm thinking the file or software might be missing something!! Can someone post a link for another package of it ported for windows???

Thanks in advance

LimaZulu

Pretty late reply but....
DSD itself does not know what you are trying to decode, so you must force it to decode D-Star or whatever you want. You must edit MOTOTRBO file with Notepad. Just add -fd to force it decode D-Star.

-fa -> autodetect
-fd -> for D-Star
-fn -> for NXDN 4800
-fN -> for NXDN 9600
-fr -> DMR/MotoTRBO
-fl -> P25 Phase 1
-fx -> X2-TDMA
-fp -> ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.