DSD FME

ehsansis0

Without any problems, the latest version from GitHub was installed on Ubuntu version 22 and started well.

really thanks very much.

peluson

Dear Mr. lwvmobile, I would like you to help me with your software.
How to extract the .amb files in Hytera DMR, and what command line to put in the .bat.
Thanks very much

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
How to extract the .amb files in Hytera DMR, and what command line to put in the .bat.

Typically, the command you would want to use for set up would be

dsd-fme -fs -N -Z -H 1234567890 2> log.ans

if you wanted to listen to DMR only and have it decode 10 Char Hytera BP. For 32/64 char Hytera BP, you have to set up in ncurses menu.

Keep in mind, this only works on the newer versions of DSD-FME, so you have to clone and build it for yourself. Assuming Windows since you said .bat file, the precompiled versions don't handle Hytera keys, and generally has other issues since it hasn't been updated in months, since precompiled versions can't use Ncurses or Pulse Audio, and that is why they were discontinued. There are wiki entries on the github page for building in Cygwin, WSL, or Docker, so I would suggest one of those in Windows, and not the precompiled version. Also note, I don't officially support the Windows builds, so whatever issues you have building it, I can't really help with that part, those wiki entries were written up by a user, so I can't 100% verify they work like a charm.

Here is the up-to-date dump of the help, which lists all (I believe all) of the CLI switches for running in console mode, but if you use NCurses menu, all the perninent stuff can be set up in the menu instead of having to remember all the switches.

Code:
Usage: dsd-fme [options]            Live scanner mode
  or:  dsd-fme [options] -r <files> Read/Play saved mbe data from file(s)
  or:  dsd-fme -h                   Show help

Display Options:
  -N            Use NCurses Terminal
                 dsd-fme -N 2> log.ans
Input/Output options:
  -i <device>   Audio input device (default is pulse audio)
                - for piped stdin, rtl for rtl device
                filename.bin for OP25/FME capture bin files
  -o <device>   Audio output device (default is pulse audio)(null for no audio output)
  -d <dir>      Create mbe data files, use this directory
  -r <files>    Read/Play saved mbe data from file(s)
  -g <num>      Audio output gain (default = 0 = auto, disable = -1)
  -w <file>     Output synthesized speech to a .wav file, legacy auto modes only.
  -T            Enable Per Call WAV file saving in XDMA and NXDN decoding classes
                 (Per Call can only be used in Ncurses Terminal!)
                 (Running in console will use static wav files)
  -a            Enable Call Alert Beep (NCurses Terminal Only)
                 (Warning! Might be annoying.)
  -n            Throttle Symbol Capture Bin Input
                 (useful when reading files still being written to by OP25)
RTL-SDR options:
  -c <hertz>    RTL-SDR Frequency
  -P <num>      RTL-SDR PPM Error (default = 0)
  -D <num>      RTL-SDR Device Index Number
  -G <num>      RTL-SDR Device Gain (0-49) (default = 0 Auto Gain)
  -L <num>      RTL-SDR Squelch Level (0 - Open, 25 - Little, 50 - Higher)
                 (Just have to guess really...)
  -V <num>      RTL-SDR Sample Gain Multiplier (default = 1)
  -Y <num>      RTL-SDR VFO Bandwidth kHz (default = 48)(6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48)
  -U <num>      RTL-SDR UDP Remote Port (default = 6020)

Scanner control options:
  -B <num>      Serial port baud rate (default=115200)
  -C <device>   Serial port for scanner control (default=/dev/ttyUSB0)
  -R <num>      Resume scan after <num> TDULC frames or any PDU or TSDU

Decoder options:
  -fa           Legacy Auto Detection (old methods default)
  -ft           XDMA P25 and DMR BS/MS frame types (new default)
  -fs           DMR Stereo BS and MS Simplex only
  -f1           Decode only P25 Phase 1
  -fd           Decode only D-STAR
  -fr           Decode only DMR (LEH)
  -fx           Decode only X2-TDMA
  -fi             Decode only NXDN48* (6.25 kHz) / IDAS*
  -fn             Decode only NXDN96* (12.5 kHz)
  -fp             Decode only ProVoice*
  -fm             Decode only dPMR*
  -l            Disable DMR and NXDN input filtering
  -pu           Unmute Encrypted P25
  -u <num>      Unvoiced speech quality (default=3)
  -xx           Expect non-inverted X2-TDMA signal
  -xr           Expect inverted DMR signal
  -xd           Expect inverted ICOM dPMR signal

* denotes frame types that cannot be auto-detected.

Advanced Decoder options:
  -X <hex>      Manually Set P2 Parameters (WACN, SYSID, CC/NAC)
                 (-X BEE00ABC123)

-A <num>      QPSK modulation auto detection threshold (default=26)
  -S <num>      Symbol buffer size for QPSK decision point tracking
                 (default=36)
  -M <num>      Min/Max buffer size for QPSK decision point tracking
                 (default=15)
  -ma           Auto-select modulation optimizations (default)
  -mc           Use only C4FM modulation optimizations
  -mg           Use only GFSK modulation optimizations
  -mq           Use only QPSK modulation optimizations
  -m2           Use Phase 2 6000 sps CQPSK modulation optimizations (testing, not fully implemented)
  -F            Relax P25 Phase 2 MAC_SIGNAL CRC Checksum Pass/Fail
                 Use this feature to allow MAC_SIGNAL even if bad CRC errors.
  -F            Enable DMR BS Stereo Passive Frame Sync
                 This feature will attempt to resync less often due to excessive voice errors
                 Use if skipping occurs, but may cause wonky audio due to loss of good sync
  -Z            Log MBE/Frame Payloads to console

-K <dec>      Manually Enter DMRA Privacy Key (Decimal Value of Key Number)

-H <hex>      Manually Enter **tera 10 Privacy Key (40-Bit/10-Char Hex Value)
                (32/64-Char values can only be entered in the NCurses Terminal)

-R <dec>      Manually Enter NXDN 4800 EHR Scrambler Key Value

Red_Ice

Estimado Sr. Iwvmobile, espero que me pueda ayudar en una cuestión.
He sido capaz de extraer las tramas de voz DMR a archivos amb, aunque desconozco la forma de hacerlo en el NXDN, he usado los mismos comandos que para el DMR pero no me los crea, desconozco si el motivo es porque no están programados esos comandos para el NXDN o es fruto de mi torpeza para encontrarlos.
Muchas gracias.

From Google Translate…

Dear Mr. Iwvmobile, I hope you can help me with an issue.

I have been able to extract the DMR voice frames to amb files, although I do not know how to do it in the NXDN, I have used the same commands as for the DMR but he does not believe them, I do not know if the reason is because those commands are not programmed for the NXDN or it is the result of my clumsiness to find

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

jshg46

lwvmobile, can this software follow channels using nothing but the control channel?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
lwvmobile, can this software follow channels using nothing but the control channel?

No, not currently. The current status is to go on a bit of a hiatus and work on the demodulator, sync, and input methods during the winter months. If that works out well, then I will probably work on some form of trunking. Other than that, its just going to be small maintenance type of fixes for quite a while.

racingfan360

@lwvmobile Thanks for all your great work on this: it's come a long way. Do you think you will fix/implement the NXDN9600 descrambler (assumed the same code/should function the same as that for NXDN4800)?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Dear Mr. Iwvmobile, I hope you can help me with an issue.

I have been able to extract the DMR voice frames to amb files, although I do not know how to do it in the NXDN, I have used the same commands as for the DMR but he does not believe them, I do not know if the reason is because those commands are not programmed for the NXDN or it is the result of my clumsiness to find

Thank you very much.

I'm sorry I didn't see your message earlier, I may have mixed it in with an earlier message of the same line of thought. If you want to enable payload printing to the console, use the -Z command, or toggle payloads in the ncurses terminal. Also, make sure to use the newest build of DSD-FME on the Github page, the old Windows precompiled builds may not do that properly. I honestly can't remember what all worked and didn't work in those versions, but they are probably full of jank.

Red_Ice

Lamento no haber visto su mensaje antes, es posible que lo haya mezclado con un mensaje anterior de la misma línea de pensamiento. Si desea habilitar la impresión de carga útil en la consola, use el comando -Z o alterne las cargas útiles en la terminal ncurses. Además, asegúrese de usar la versión más reciente de DSD-FME en la página de Github, es posible que las compilaciones precompiladas de Windows anteriores no lo hagan correctamente. Honestamente, no puedo recordar qué funcionó y qué no funcionó en esas versiones, pero probablemente estén llenas de basura.
Ok, gracias Sr. Iwvmobile por su respuesta, es muy posible que ese fuera el problema ya que la versión que tengo no es la última.

Last edited by a moderator:

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
They have added support for aes 128/196/256 bit decryption. Probably you can incorporate it in your code ?

At this point, its not so much a matter of needing code to implement a new cipher type, its just a choice that I've made for the project for the foreseeable future. I've elected not to publish a version that includes higher order decryption methods (rc4, des, aes, etc) and have elected to just go with 'lower guard' decryption methods (bp keys, scrambler keys). The key word there being 'foreseeable' future.

Where can i find binaries for PC runninng windows ?

I had discontinued the Cygwin and prebuilt binaries months ago, but its your lucky day, I'm at a hiatus point in the project, and am about to do a full tear down on the code and rework a lot of stuff, so it was a good chance to publish a new binary version based on the latest pulse branch, just stripped of all the incompatible code (ncurses, pulse audio, rtl) that prevents me from making binary releases. I can't promise it doesn't have any weird bugs, but it does the main things people probably want it to do, I assume.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Quick update on the Precompiled Binary Release. Had a few bugs to fix, and needed to restore functionality that was removed when Ncurses Terminal/Menu was removed. Up to date description of the binary version includes:

Code:
In order to make this a 'Lite' release, the following code had to be cut for compatibility or performance reasons:
NCurses Terminal/Menu
DMR Stereo BS (Dual Slot Voices)
DMR Embedded Alias/Embedded GPS (not LRRP)
Per Call WAV Saving
Call Alert Beep
RTL Input Support
Pulse Audio (revert to OSS)

NCurses Menu only features, now re-worked for CLI
LRRP data to file with -L lrrp.txt option
**tera key CLI entry now supports 10/32/64 char keys with -H <hex key> option (see bat file or help file for examples)
Symbol Capture bins can be created/saved with the -c symbol.bin CLI switch

Precompiled 'Lite' Bugs Fixed:
single decoded wav file functionality restored
some line break issues

The latest precompiled release is D2C7, found at the link below:

As always though, its probably always best to check the Github page directly for any updates on any releases I make. I don't anticipate releasing any newer binary versions any time soon though due to upcoming project hiatus, but any minor maintenance fixes will still be applied to the pulseaudio branch as necessary.

peluson

Hello, thank you for putting back the precompiled Windows Cygwin 'Lite' Release, I tell you that the commands for the DMR "DMRA" Privacy Key xx work perfectly.
But the commands for the NXDN48 scrambler, dsd-fme-win.exe -fi -Z -R xxxxx, I can't get it to come out clearly, is it a possible compilation error or do I need to add any more commands? Thank you.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
But the commands for the NXDN48 scrambler, dsd-fme-win.exe -fi -Z -R xxxxx, I can't get it to come out clearly, is it a possible compilation error or do I need to add any more commands? Thank you.

No, that command should be fine, just make sure the key value is decimal and not hex for scrambler key. Other than that, just make sure you have good clean signal and no noise. Using a squelched audio source is highly recommended for NXDN to prevent any false positives on sync. If you continue to have issues, you can send me a PM with a sample and I'll take a look at it. I also just double checked, and the samples I have are still working just fine.

jlmarc33

Hello lwvmobile,

I tried your latest CYGWIN compilation (D2C7 version) without any difficulty using SDR# Studio coupled to a remote SDR located on the AIRSPY Server network.
I think DSD-FME Windows version is important because SDR network connectivity doesn't seem possible with DSD+ Fastlane (FMPx module + local SDR needed) and SDR-Trunk (local SDR only).

I have a question about using audio devices with CYGWIN compilation.
I understand that the -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp parameters are not required, but is there any other possibility than the default mode "/dev/dsp"?
With DSD+ I can identify audio input and output devices with usable references.
In DSD-FME Windows, if "/dev/dsp" is not the only choice, how can I find the correct syntax to use with the -i and -o parameters?

Thank you very much for all your work on DSD-FME LINUX and Windows CYGWIN "Lite"