DSD Windows Port - Project 25 Phase II TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilgrant

I don't believe there is a Phase II system in operation yet so I don't think it's been tried. In DSD's current form it's probably unlikely.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Let me be the one to tell you there is a P 25 phase II system on the air statewide in New Jersey on 700 MHz, phase 2 has been tested several times.

In Camden County New Jersey a 700 MHz P 25 phase II "ONLY" system is going on the air in the next few months. The frequencies have been licensed and the towers are up but no equipment on them yet.

This is why I want to know if anybody has even started to develop DSD for decoding P 25 phase II. So I can get to know the program before my County goes on the air.

Last edited:

woodpecker

Let me be the one to tell you there is a P 25 phase II system on the air statewide in New Jersey on 700 MHz, phase 2 has been tested several times.

In Camden County New Jersey a 700 MHz P 25 phase II "ONLY" system is going on the air in the next few months. The frequencies have been licensed and the towers are up but no equipment on them yet.

This is why I want to know if anybody has even started to develop DSD for decoding P 25 phase II. So I can get to know the program before my County goes on the air.

Do you have some 48kHz 16 bit samples of the system?

woodpecker

When they start testing again, I will get a sample for you.
Do you need the audio sample from discriminator or the speaker out?

It needs to be from the discriminator, does anyone have an X2 TDMA sample as well?

aharry

We have a new phase 2 TDMA system that went operational on 05/15/13. I will work on getting some samples for you. I tried running data through DSD 1.4 on Ubuntu just to see what if any console output was generated and there was no recognition at all.

I believe I've finally obtained some P2-TDMA samples from the FIRST system in Baltimore. These are raw IQ samples straight off a USRP and should be high quality. I can't decode them (obviously) but they do coincide with a P2 call going up on the control channel (verified with UniTrunker). DSD thinks they're a bunch of "unknown DUID 32" frames, oddly enough.

I want to get these files spread to anyone who wants them. I can provide them as complex/IQ samples or I can cook it down to a WAV file. Just tell me what works best and I'll make it happen and post them somewhere.

kf4aon

Premium Subscriber
I also can obtain high quality recordings of a P2-TDMA system, however, about half of the traffic is encrypted on this system. Are recordings of encypted traffic helpful in this process, or does it need to be specifically of clear transmissions?

SCPD

QRT
It needs to be from the discriminator, does anyone have an X2 TDMA sample as well?

I can get plenty of these.

BTW, the 1.60 version of DSD does "see" the X2-TDMA packets but obviously it doesn't know how to decode them... sees them as P25 data.

Let me know the quality settings for the recordings and I can provide a link to download them.

Is 48khz 16-bit what you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.