DSDPlus 2.303

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
When I try to run it after upgrading from 2.186, I now get "Not a valid Win32 application".

BM82557

Additional from Notes.txt --

FMP24 2.71

Added CPU loading option to reduce I/Q stream dropouts:

Run FMP24 on an idle PC (close all other programs).
Press L to start I/Q dropout test.

If FMP24 reports a high error rate, i.e. more than few dropouts per minute,
press L to stop the test, then press E to toggle CPU loading, then press L to start a new test.

If extra loading causes I/Q dropouts to cease or be greatly reduced,
you should always enable CPU loading when using FMP24.
Reduce CPU clock rate to limit battery drain / heating when enabling CPU loading.
If multiple copies of FMP24 are in use, only one copy should need CPU loading;
choose a copy that is always demodulating signals, i.e. a 1R or CC copy.

Use -e on FMP24 command line to enable CPU loading or press E to toggle on/off.
FMP24 uses modified spectrum display colors when CPU loading is enabled.

FMPP 1.18

Restored SRP1a LNA gain range (untested)

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
You probably didn't unzip it properly.

I downloaded again and this time things seem fine up to that point. I was updating from earlier and went back to start due to missing files as it was sort of a whack-a-mole problem. But after putting everything together now I am stuck with a message about the server not listening. (The earlier version is still working fine in another folder. That Fastlane version was "pre-server" versions and simple to run.)

So now I am trying to use FMPA as I cannot get the old .bat to just run the current SDPlus. version. I have FMPAs successfully just tuning the AirSpy. But it is unclear still to me that I know correctly which of the programs I need to start in what order with what parameters in batch files after that. I have read everything I can find but seem to be not finding a good reference on how to set things up so they work. I have tried various variations on .bat files. The latest try results in a server is not listening message. Is there a good sample of which programs to start in what order with contents of the .bat file???

slicerwizard

The original, unmodified FMPA-CC.bat and 1R.bat files should be all that you need to run. They're in the base files download. It doesn't seem to matter what order they're started.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
The original, unmodified FMPA-CC.bat and 1R.bat files should be all that you need to run. They're in the base files download. It doesn't seem to matter what order they're started.

Note that I did another re-install starting with the the free and ending with the current. It is still not working. I had to add the current airspy.dll and an empty DSDPlus.P25data as there was none and I wonder why. Additionally, there is no 1R.bat in any of the unzipped downloads that I downloaded (including the the base files). As mentioned, I was running Version 1776 and it was working fine but I am trying to get the current version to run.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Here are the batch files I am running:
FMPA -i1 -o20001 -f851.6125
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 (I assume the mentioned 1R.bat is an equivalent of this.)

Error message is:
FMPx link error =-5
[Server is not listening on selected link ID]

The appears after the DSDPlus .bat file is run.

Last edited:

BM82557

Note that I did another re-install starting with the the free and ending with the current. It is still not working. I had to add the current airspy.dll and an empty DSDPlus.P25data as there was none and I wonder why. Additionally, there is no 1R.bat in any of the unzipped downloads that I downloaded (including the the base files). As mentioned, I was running Version 1776 and it was working fine but I am trying to get the current version to run.

You were running DSDPlus with SDR# version 1776? I am understanding you correctly?

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
You were running DSDPlus with SDR# version 1776? I am understanding you correctly?
Oops, sorry about that. DSDPlus version was 2.186 (sometimes with SDR# and sometimes with HDSDR both with VBCable). But I need to do some things that are only in newest versions.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Oops, sorry about that. DSDPlus version was 2.186 (sometimes with SDR# and sometimes with HDSDR both with VBCable). But I need to do some things that are only in newest versions.

I have tried a different PC running Win 8--still same error message. I assume something is wrong with my .bat parameters, I need to run something else, or am missing another file.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I think I have found the problem so hold off on trying to help me. I think I installed the wrong base files.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I think I have found the problem so hold off on trying to help me. I think I installed the wrong base files.

Indeed, that was the problem--I was using an older basefile by mistake and it was not compatible.

CanesFan95

Does this "I/Q" drop-out thing mean DSD+ will actually decode audio stable that we can actually listen to? Dosen't matter what you do with the settings or how good the signal is. DSD+ just doesn't decode digital voice reliably at all.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Anyone know what issue the CPU loading feature on FMP24 is supposed to solve? I mean, is it supposed to ham-fistedly 'reserve' CPU cycles for itself so as to not have dropped bits?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anyone know what issue the CPU loading feature on FMP24 is supposed to solve? I mean, is it supposed to ham-fistedly 'reserve' CPU cycles for itself so as to not have dropped bits?

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Is anyone else seeing FMP Crashes?

---------------------------
Error

FMP24 2.71 -i1 -o20001

Unrecoverable error encountered:

Exception number = 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
Instruction address = 0x41DF81
Action: Read of address 0x3BD1000 (62722048)

Register dump:
DS: 0000002B CS: 00000023 IP: 0041DF81 EAX: 00012C00
ES: 0000002B SS: 0000002B SP: 0420FF18 EBX: 00012811
FS: 00000053 Fl: 00010206 EBP: 0420FF24 ECX: 03BD1000
GS: 0000002B ESI: 03BD1000 EDI: 03151FB8 EDX: 0012B000
[Press Ctrl-C to copy this text to the clipboard]
OK

Status
Not open for further replies.