DSDPlus - Radio ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings
Is there a way to edit radio ID's on the fly without going into DSDPlus Radio file? It's a bit cumbersome doing it that way. Any thoughts?

thewraith2008

No.

And I find editing .group and .radio files while DSD+ is running a bit flaky. Especially if deleting. The changes just come back.

Cheers.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
No.

And I find editing .group and .radio files while DSD+ is running a bit flaky. Especially if deleting. The changes just come back.

Cheers.

I deleted a bunch of stuff from the groups file and it came back also. I then deleted again and it came back. I deleted a 3rd time, then searched for content I deleted and it was in the dsdplus.event file. I deleted pretty much most of the event file and the talk groups in question did not come back in the groups file.

Maybe the program gathers info from the event file. All I know is after deleting the talk groups from the event file, they stayed deleted until there was activity again. On a system I monitor, there was a ton of one to two hit tg's that never really have any activity. I only wanted identified talkgroups in the groups file. If you don't need the dsdplus.events, open it up and select all, delete, save... Worked for me...

thewraith2008

Think the problem is DSD+ reads the files into memory and saves the memory back to the file every so often. When you open a file it creates a snapshot of the file. You change something and save it. DSD+ saves it's memory removing your changes. Sometimes you can do it before it saves as it reloads the changed file first.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.