DV-1 Display Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried changing the 'contrast' setting? I expect you have. You can do it via the keyboard, or via eSPYonARD. Good luck. I believe you run eSPYonARD so hopefully because it reproduces the DV1's yellow screen and its content you can still use the Radio for the time being. Good luck.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Did you try removing and reinserting the SDR card.
Also try a hard reset .

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried changing the 'contrast' setting? I expect you have. You can do it via the keyboard, or via eSPYonARD. Good luck. I believe you run eSPYonARD so hopefully because it reproduces the DV1's yellow screen and its content you can still use the Radio for the time being. Good luck.

Yes I have

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
The Manual describes it as a FULL reset (see below).
You can use the software to save your current details to the SD Card before the FULL reset.

11-5-1 SYSTEM RESET
Performing System Reset will return it to the original factory default settings.
However, all search banks, search groups, memory channels, memory banks, scan groups and memory
contents will not be deleted.
To perform System Reset, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the receiver off.
2. While holding the [CLR] key, push and hold the volume knob until [Sys.Reset] is displayed on the LCD.

11-5-2 FULL RESET
Performing Full Reset will return it to the original factory default settings. All personal settings will be lost.
To perform Full Reset, perform the following steps:
2. While holding the [CLR] key, push and hold the volume and squelch knobs until [FullReset] is displayed
on the LCD.

Always worth a try, but it looks like a hardware fault, sorry to say.

Good Luck

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
The Manual describes it as a FULL reset (see below).
You can use the software to save your current details to the SD Card before the FULL reset.

11-5-1 SYSTEM RESET
Performing System Reset will return it to the original factory default settings.
However, all search banks, search groups, memory channels, memory banks, scan groups and memory
contents will not be deleted.
To perform System Reset, perform the following steps:
2. While holding the [CLR] key, push and hold the volume knob until [Sys.Reset] is displayed on the LCD.

11-5-2 FULL RESET
Performing Full Reset will return it to the original factory default settings. All personal settings will be lost.
To perform Full Reset, perform the following steps:
2. While holding the [CLR] key, push and hold the volume and squelch knobs until [FullReset] is displayed
on the LCD.

Always worth a try, but it looks like a hardware fault, sorry to say.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info.....this is definitely a hardware issue.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Just an update.........AOR reports my DV-1 is still at HQ getting repaired. I'm patiently waiting for it's return.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Well. I received my AR DV-1 back today. The LCD was replaced. The firmware was updated. The radio was sent from AOR USA back to HQ in Japan for the repair which was fully covered under warranty. I'm putting it through it's paces now, no issues so far.dv1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.