Earthquake drill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I woke up this morning to hear (on WCCCA) a bunch of chatter, including an elementary school on fire, several fire stations with natural gas smells, and Meridian Park Hospital being evacuated. I wasn't awake enough at the time to realize that it's a drill. I thought we had an earthquake and I slept through it!

Does anybody have info about what happened this morning?

radiotweester

What you heard was an on the Fire Training 2.
It WAS a TVF&R drill. It was pretty good one, huh?!

I don't know what you're monitoring with, but if you can alpha tag or write down the talkgroup; Fire training 1 (50160) and 2 (50032).
They can become VERY interesting to listen to!

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
radiotweester said:
What you heard was an on the Fire Training 2.
It WAS a TVF&R drill. It was pretty good one, huh?!

I don't know what you're monitoring with, but if you can alpha tag or write down the talkgroup; Fire training 1 (50160) and 2 (50032).
They can become VERY interesting to listen to!
Frankly, it scared the heck out of me until I realized what was going on!

I use a BC92XLT, so no trunk tracking and no tagging or talkgroups. Once my bills stop pouring in, I'll be upgrading to either a Pro 528 or a Pro 164.

I've learned to be quick on the "SCAN" button to cycle through the frequencies....:lol:

Thanks for the info!

eahuntley

The first time I ever heard one of these Training Exercises, I actually ended up calling a few people and asking if they heard anythng about the collapsed building(I hadn't heard the earthquake part) before I figured out it was all a training thing..

Now I use Alpha Tags :)

radiotweester

PMJ2kx said:
Frankly, it scared the heck out of me until I realized what was going on!

I use a BC92XLT, so no trunk tracking and no tagging or talkgroups. Once my bills stop pouring in, I'll be upgrading to either a Pro 528 or a Pro 164.

I've learned to be quick on the "SCAN" button to cycle through the frequencies....:lol:

Thanks for the info!

Nuff said. I DEFINATELY remember those days! :)
Not sure where you are but don't forget the Trunked system has channels that are also not trunked for Sheriff Dispatch and Fire Tac 2. I posted them a while back on here, but if you can't find them PM me.

-Tom

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
radiotweester said:
Nuff said. I DEFINATELY remember those days! :)
Not sure where you are but don't forget the Trunked system has channels that are also not trunked for Sheriff Dispatch and Fire Tac 2. I posted them a while back on here, but if you can't find them PM me.

-Tom
Yeah, I saw those, thanks. I don't have them programmed in because if I remember right, both of them were really noisy and unreadable. It was easier to hear what was going on the trunked freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.