Easton Hospital Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentondog

Just upgraded my radio to 325P2 and have been programming it for the local FiRST trunk. Can't find any info about Easton Hospital patch. Are they on FiRST? Are they using the older system? Does anyone have frequency/group details? Thanks in advance.

Jorza

I'm gonna assume you're referring to the EMRC patch where ambulances can radio into Easton to give a pre-arrival report regarding a patients status. If thats the case there is no set patch on radios to call into Easton Memorial, rather medical units will call into Region 4 EMRC which is ran thru Talbot County and they will be assigned a channel to use in which to make contact with Easton. The talkgroups can be found under the MD FiRST page under the MIEMSS talkgroups. It should be noted the 7R4MED3 channel is encrypted, but its also rarely used. I hope this answers your questions.

Dentondog

Thanks, Jorza. I've got the FiRST trunk data in my scanner. It's just that I picked up a MED ambulance transmission requesting a patch to the hospital, and then no further transmissions. Will keep an ear out for a transmission from the hospital.

boatbod

Ambulances have the option of using FiRST's 7R4-CALL, 7R4-MED1, 7R4-MED2 channels, Dorchester's 800Mhz MED-CALL, MED-C, MED-D or the UHF MIEMSS radio channels.

Dentondog

Boatbod, I believe the old Upper Maryland Eastern Shore Trunk users are still very much in a transition to the FiRST system. Since I switched radios this week, I have only the FiRst frequencies programmed in and must be missing some area transmissions, particularly Caroline deputies and Talbot County deputies. I do get Easton Law transmissions and all Fire/EMS for the two counties.

boatbod

Transition is complete for the three counties fire, ems & leo. It's possible you may still get some activity on other TGs (eg special events) or if people key up with their radios set on the wrong zone.

Long term, only Talbot is planning to retain the 800 mhz system as a backup for FiRST.

Dentondog

Thanks, boatbod. The FiRST system has been quite busy here today and I'm picking up all pertinent department communications, from grass fires to heroine overdoses and traffic stops. Only complaint now is the very short battery life in the 325P2 (maybe 4 hours per set of 2 AAs).

boatbod

Thanks, boatbod. The FiRST system has been quite busy here today and I'm picking up all pertinent department communications, from grass fires to heroine overdoses and traffic stops. Only complaint now is the very short battery life in the 325P2 (maybe 4 hours per set of 2 AAs).

Lol, try the battery life of a PSR-800 - that defines the word "short"!

Dentondog

Grossly underestimated battery life in my BCD325P2 in previous post. Am currently running test with 2400 mAh batteries. At 7 hours in, calculated expected life is 17+ hours. Will provide final results after test completed.

Dentondog

OK, test completed. Final voltage drop off was faster than expected. The expected life of batteries in the 325P2, based on one test, is 7.5 hours. Battery voltage began at 2.8 volts, as read by the scanner, and low battery warning began at 2.2 volts. Could have gotten longer time if I put up with the warning beeps. I did run the volume at around 9 during the first 5 hours and upped it to 11 for the final 2.5 hours.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Something else to consider, since, with FIRST, each county has it's own "cell" as opposed to the old UMESC where the entire system was one big simulcast... depending on what cell your scanner is locked on to, you may not hear calls on talk groups that aren't currently affiliated to your cell. In other words, an ambulance in Easton and going to Easton hospital may not be heard if you're only listening to the Queen Anne's cell. Food for thought.

Dentondog

Something else to consider, since, with FIRST, each county has it's own "cell" as opposed to the old UMESC where the entire system was one big simulcast... depending on what cell your scanner is locked on to, you may not hear calls on talk groups that aren't currently affiliated to your cell. In other words, an ambulance in Easton and going to Easton hospital may not be heard if you're only listening to the Queen Anne's cell. Food for thought.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize that, but should have. There's only one statewide Med talkgroup, but I've only been picking up transmissions from the county talk groups I have active. Still learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.